Battery?

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Good afternoon,

I changed the battery of my S4 with a new original, and the battery lasts 1 morning, using 4G most of the time, with heavy use.

Is it normal for 8H and until 14H have 5% battery with this whole use with a new battery? Or something goes wrong?

I point out that Avast Anti-Virus and Twilight run in the background.

Android 5.0

It's normal?

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would help to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The time estimate is based on your recent previous usage. So if you've been using the phone pretty intensively, the software will assume that's how you'll continue to use it. If you were hardly using it recently, then it might increase the time estimate.

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
There is:

7b9eba1ff74fcfe2c9df6e947a126924.png

b52119a5b6e5dbb5436b7448829bffff.png

6b633cafb6d325cccd1dee0ccae7801c.png

91acf356564f6a199dff69580e6319e3.png

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't see anything that jumps out at me. Cell signal isn't great (lots of yellow), but if that were draining battery, I'd expect Cell Standby to be a prominent battery consumer.

I see that wi-fi is always on -- are you keeping it on, or is that even after you turn wi-fi off? If it's reporting wi-fi as on even though you've turned it off, try going to Settings>Location, tap Menu, and see if there is a Wi-fi Scanning option. It might also be in Settings>Wi-fi, then Menu>Advanced.

I don't have direct experience with Avast, but in general, antivirus apps aren't necessary on Android devices, unless you tend to visit risky sites or download and install risky files -- and antivirus apps might contribute to battery drain if they're doing frequent scanning (or other things that wake the phone). Consider uninstalling it, at least for a few days, and observe your battery life then.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks a little better, and I notice the wi-fi turned off at some point. Did you find that wi-fi scanning option?

You signal bar shows even more yellow, which makes me wonder if that mediocre signal is in fact contributing to your drain. If you're unable to see how your phone behaves in an area with good signal, then you could try testing it on Airplane Mode to see if the battery life is significantly better. You can always turn wi-fi back on when Airplane Mode is on -- but of course, you won't be able to make calls over your usual cell radio.

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Yes I checked what you said and effectively it was ON.

It's solved now.

But based on this screens what you think about battery?

It's normal?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Given the current signal issues, I'd say it's normal. If you continued to use the phone the same way in that screenshot, you'd end up with about 3 hrs of total screen-on time, which isn't that unusual in real-world use.