Google play store not working

mohammedsimba

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
Hello,
I have Samsung Galaxy S4, suddenly it stopped updating all programs due to "update google play store first" issue, and it kept popping this message up for all messages very frequently, even google play store gives blank white page when i open it,
I tried to clear cache, data and stop it, still same issue, and didn't ask me to re-login with my google account!!
I even tried to uninstall it (back to factory settings) also same behavior

Help me please!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Sometimes, resetting app preferences can help. This is in Settings>apps>menu. This isn't exactly like a reset, but all default apps are removed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Do all other apps have normal web access?

mohammedsimba

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Do all other apps have normal web access?

All Apps related to Google play not working, popping up for example "Youtube will not run till you update Google Play", but other apps are working fine, and yes same issue on both wifi and data :(

mohammedsimba

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Sometimes, resetting app preferences can help. This is in Settings>apps>menu. This isn't exactly like a reset, but all default apps are removed.

I didn't get it, i already reset google play store to factory settings, do you mean to do the same to all other default apps?
Settings>apps>menu, doesn't exist on my device (S4)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you reverted it to the factory version, you were also talking about Play Services, and not the Play Store, right?

mohammedsimba

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
I finally got it fixed, clearing the play service's data Settings > Application manager >All > Google Play Service > Manage Storage > Clear All Data. Then everything got updated and back to work again.
I believe the main issue was play services was hanged for some reason, running in the background continuously draining all the battery in couple of hours and of course many apps didn't work because of it including the play store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! That was going to be one of my next suggestions, but I was hung up on the confusion between the Play Store and Play Services.;)