How can I get my AT&T S5 Active on Straight Talk to send and receive MMS?

CorkyGreenstate

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
AT&T s5 Active on Straight Talk - No MMS - Help me please

I Got a AT&T Galaxy S5 active model # SM-G870a not unlocked running android 4.4.4. Everything works but the mms. 4g lte all works but can't send or receive mms. Tried all kinds of APNs but nothing. I have a AT&T straight talk sim installed in it. Please someone help me.

Nick Mattingly

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T s5 Active on Straight Talk - No MMS - Help me please

Ive had the same problem before. Heres how to fix it.Go to settings network connections look for more networks then go to Mobile networks Access Point Names. Make sure in the APN type you have the following default,hipri,mms,supl,tfdata,admin,fota does not have to be in that order but make sure it contains mms and hipri for sure and supl. I hope this works. I joined just so I could reply to tell you this. Let me know. If not i will figure it out. I have a galaxy s5 at&t but using straight talks att sim and everything works great.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T s5 Active on Straight Talk - No MMS - Help me please

You should be able to choose one of the 2 pre-installed straight talk settings. If one doesn't work then try the other. You may also need to reboot the phone after changing over. Also it's important to hit the save button on the top right after picking an apn setting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

zkirch

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can I get my AT&T S5 Active on Straight Talk to send and receive MMS?

This worked perfectly!! I also signed up so I can say thank you!!!!

Tony Dakotoe

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

ve had the same problem before. Heres how to fix it.Go to settings network connections look for more networks then go to Mobile networks Access Point Names. Make sure in the APN type you have the following default,hipri,mms,supl,tfdata,admin,fota does not have to be in that order but make sure it contains mms and hipri for sure and supl. I hope this works. I joined just so I could reply to tell you this. Let me know. If not i will figure it out. I have a galaxy s5 at&t but using straight talks att sim and everything works great.

The above worked after I worked on it fo hours.Wow,,so ez yet so hard lol..Thankssssssss

scarvic

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

Hey! I have the same type of phone and I was having the same issues and I changed the apn type settings and added all of them. I thought it worked because I can send pictures now, but I still can't open them. Any ideas?