When is ATT going to roll out Lollipop for my Galaxy 5 Active?

A

AC Question

When is ATT going to roll out lollipop for Galaxy 5 active

I had my last upgrade software about 2 months ago and it was for 4.4.4. and I've been waiting for Lollipop 5.0 from ATT, does anyone know when ATT will be releasing it???

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: When is ATT going to roll out lollipop for Galaxy 5 active

I had my last upgrade software about 2 months ago and it was for 4.4.4. and I've been waiting for Lollipop 5.0 from ATT, does anyone know when ATT will be releasing it???

It should be coming very soon, probably middle of April.

pineapplex

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Just chatted with ATT, three different reps with the same answer. Within a few weeks we will have lollipop

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site

We received the 4.4.4 update the same day normal S5 users did, so why can't we get Lollipop at the same time?

randymontanez

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

I agree. When they released android 4.4.4, both the S5 and S5 active got it on the same day.
Don't understand why they couldn't release 5.0 to both devices on 4/8

Posted via the Android Central App

cwalton1970

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Okay, It all great and stuff that I am finally getting an already out-of-date version of Lollipop, thank's AT&T....you guys SUCK!!!!!!! But has anyone else had to un-install all the bloatware "updates" and move other app to extStorage just to get it to download?

Rick Lieb

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Okay, It all great and stuff that I am finally getting an already out-of-date version of Lollipop, thank's AT&T....you guys SUCK!!!!!!! But has anyone else had to un-install all the bloatware "updates" and move other app to extStorage just to get it to download?

Yeah it took a month longer than the other carriers. The others rushed and almost bricked the phones. Eventually sorting it out. Students, friends, colleagues bunches of people i know had issues with earlier updates. My late att update is stable.And bug free. I use my phone for all kinds of essential things all day long. Thank you ATT for getting it right.

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Mine seems to be working very well. Seems better than the 4.4.4 roll out a while back. From an old retired industrial maintenance technician, It is sometimes better to not be on the bleeding edge of technology. Let the other guy go through all the pain of start up issues and enjoy a matured product. I cannot count the number of times we got the latest and greatest equipment before other folks in my industry only to have to work out all the glitches that no one thought of during the design phase.

UpTheDumper

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site

Downloading now.. it feels a little like Christmas again.

Posted from the commode, thanks to Samsung Galaxy S5a.

djf81

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Have others with at&t S5 active noticed that the pull down notification panel did not update to the new lollipop version?

seanxdoom

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Just finished downloading mine... Checking out all of the new stuff now, doesn't seem to be a ton though.

Janet12345

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

I just downloaded it last night....what a nightmare! DO NOT DO THIS UPDATE....my device is running hot, battery life is effected, stupid color change...it's all bright florescence colors....orange, yellow, etc... Fonts changed, text size is smaller.....messaging is showing up in stupid chat bubbles. My galaxy s5 active is now convenient for a 10-year old ! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND THERE IS NO GOING BACK!

teddin

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

My S5 Active upgraded to 5.0 from 4.4.4 a couple of days ago. Until now i do not see any bugs, though same TouchWiz malfunctions are present.
Yes, the appearance changed a bit, now more "informal", i would say, but it does not bother me. Also, it eats a bit more of RAM and internal storage in comparison to KitKat, as i see from the device's info, but it does not affect my every day use so far.
SHealth app improved right away with new the Android, and I like it! Older version was only used for occasional heart rate measurements.
The pulldown menu became nuclear fuel-like colored now and i don't like it, but it is not a big deal.
The biggest improvement i feel right now is extended battery life!!! For me it became full 2 days of moderate use on single charge with Power Saving Mode 1 on, though before it was only 1.5 days. Now, 0.5 day is not a lot, but it is noticeable.
I will update this message if i see any other significant improvements or bugs with the new Android.

thestewman

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

I updated yesterday and have experienced no significant issues. I do not like the fact that I cannot see notifications on my lock screen. On lock I cannot see any new or existing (not cleared) notifications. Any thoughts?

thestewman

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

I agree. I don't like the orange heading background on the basic messaging app. I can't find a setting to change it.