09-14-2015 12:00 PM
26 12
tools
    I had my last upgrade software about 2 months ago and it was for 4.4.4. and I've been waiting for Lollipop 5.0 from ATT, does anyone know when ATT will be releasing it???
    03-31-2015 12:47 PM
    I had my last upgrade software about 2 months ago and it was for 4.4.4. and I've been waiting for Lollipop 5.0 from ATT, does anyone know when ATT will be releasing it???
    It should be coming very soon, probably middle of April.
    03-31-2015 01:31 PM
    Just chatted with ATT, three different reps with the same answer. Within a few weeks we will have lollipop
    04-09-2015 05:38 PM
    We received the 4.4.4 update the same day normal S5 users did, so why can't we get Lollipop at the same time?
    04-10-2015 12:16 AM
    I agree. When they released android 4.4.4, both the S5 and S5 active got it on the same day.
    Don't understand why they couldn't release 5.0 to both devices on 4/8

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 07:21 AM
    just got my update today
    04-15-2015 08:26 AM
    Installing right now.
    04-15-2015 09:33 AM
    Downloading too...

04-15-2015 12:25 PM
    Okay, It all great and stuff that I am finally getting an already out-of-date version of Lollipop, thank's AT&T....you guys SUCK!!!!!!! But has anyone else had to un-install all the bloatware "updates" and move other app to extStorage just to get it to download?
    04-15-2015 03:33 PM
    Okay, It all great and stuff that I am finally getting an already out-of-date version of Lollipop, thank's AT&T....you guys SUCK!!!!!!! But has anyone else had to un-install all the bloatware "updates" and move other app to extStorage just to get it to download?
    Yeah it took a month longer than the other carriers. The others rushed and almost bricked the phones. Eventually sorting it out. Students, friends, colleagues bunches of people i know had issues with earlier updates. My late att update is stable.And bug free. I use my phone for all kinds of essential things all day long. Thank you ATT for getting it right.
    04-15-2015 06:28 PM
    Mine seems to be working very well. Seems better than the 4.4.4 roll out a while back. From an old retired industrial maintenance technician, It is sometimes better to not be on the bleeding edge of technology. Let the other guy go through all the pain of start up issues and enjoy a matured product. I cannot count the number of times we got the latest and greatest equipment before other folks in my industry only to have to work out all the glitches that no one thought of during the design phase.
    04-15-2015 09:33 PM
    Downloading now.. it feels a little like Christmas again.

Posted from the commode, thanks to Samsung Galaxy S5a.
    04-15-2015 09:53 PM
    http://www.cnet.com/news/android-5-0...pha-s5-active/

Can't wait to download it. I checked this morning so I'm going to have to wait to check again. At least I know we're getting it. Plus, it came out on my birthday, AT&T knows how to make a birthday great. Lol
    04-15-2015 11:31 PM
    Have others with at&t S5 active noticed that the pull down notification panel did not update to the new lollipop version?
    04-18-2015 02:12 PM
    I'm in texas. Got my Ota 2days ago
    04-18-2015 03:42 PM
    Just finished downloading mine... Checking out all of the new stuff now, doesn't seem to be a ton though.
    04-18-2015 09:31 PM
    I just downloaded it last night....what a nightmare! DO NOT DO THIS UPDATE....my device is running hot, battery life is effected, stupid color change...it's all bright florescence colors....orange, yellow, etc... Fonts changed, text size is smaller.....messaging is showing up in stupid chat bubbles. My galaxy s5 active is now convenient for a 10-year old ! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND THERE IS NO GOING BACK!
    hello7671 likes this.
    04-22-2015 08:52 AM
    My S5 Active upgraded to 5.0 from 4.4.4 a couple of days ago. Until now i do not see any bugs, though same TouchWiz malfunctions are present.
    Yes, the appearance changed a bit, now more "informal", i would say, but it does not bother me. Also, it eats a bit more of RAM and internal storage in comparison to KitKat, as i see from the device's info, but it does not affect my every day use so far.
    SHealth app improved right away with new the Android, and I like it! Older version was only used for occasional heart rate measurements.
    The pulldown menu became nuclear fuel-like colored now and i don't like it, but it is not a big deal.
    The biggest improvement i feel right now is extended battery life!!! For me it became full 2 days of moderate use on single charge with Power Saving Mode 1 on, though before it was only 1.5 days. Now, 0.5 day is not a lot, but it is noticeable.
    I will update this message if i see any other significant improvements or bugs with the new Android.
    04-23-2015 03:13 PM
    I updated yesterday and have experienced no significant issues. I do not like the fact that I cannot see notifications on my lock screen. On lock I cannot see any new or existing (not cleared) notifications. Any thoughts?

hello7671 likes this.
    04-23-2015 04:04 PM
    I agree. I don't like the orange heading background on the basic messaging app. I can't find a setting to change it.

hello7671 likes this.
    04-23-2015 04:05 PM
    I absolutely hate this update!!! Isn't there any way I can go back easily? Everything is screwed up. I can't access new messages/notifications/music from the lock screen like I used to, it's too bright (the menus changed to all white instead of grey and black, and the orange and yellow headings), and my phone keeps overheating and the battery is dying way too quickly. HELP! I JUST WANT TO GO BACK!
    04-23-2015 04:07 PM
    yes, i also would like to have general notifications on lock screen back, as it used to be.
    04-24-2015 10:16 AM
    I downloaded 5.02 about 3 weeks ago for my S5 ,
    Guess you know you also have to be on Wi Fi.
    04-24-2015 10:20 AM
    Notification can be shown on the lock screen by:

• Open SETTINGS
    • Select MY DEVICE tab
    • Select "Sounds and notifications"
    • Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select "Notifications on lock screen"
    • Select the appropriate setting 1) Show all content 2) Hide sensitive content or 3) Do not show notifications
    • A new notification bar will appear on the lock screen when notifications have arrived. Tap the bar and each notification will appear on the lock screen

Hope this helps.
    04-24-2015 03:11 PM
    Totally agree. This is a WORTHLESS update. I strongly urge people over the age of 10 to ignore this update. I wish I would have read the reviews before I installed it. Here are the issues I have with the update:

1. Colors changed to garish white, yellow, etc. MUCH HARDER TO READ than the previous white text on black background for things like the notifications window. Can't find a way to change these back to something reasonable (like white on black).
    2. Fonts and spacing have changed in the email app. I now get about 10 characters of the email subject (not enough to guess what it really is) and I get less emails on the screen at a time in the list view. It was already bad before but now it is basically unusable.
    3. Can't tell if battery life is worse yet but it certainly doesn't seem to be noticeably better.
    4. Still haven't fixed simple things like only having 3 items across, with giant gaps in between, in folder views (my old Samsung Rugged had 4 across on a smaller screen).

One bright light is that they moved the emergency call button onto the phone screen so you don't accidentally pocket-dial 911.

- James
    06-04-2015 05:59 PM
26 12