How can I protects the headphone slot when I put my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active in the water?

A

AC Question

samsung galaxy s5 Active

i know that the phone comes with IP67 Certified and a MIL-STD-810G rating, which includes salt water. BUT when i will put the phone in the sea water will the slot for headphones work fine when i get the phone out of the sea? Because it is not covered
thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5 Active

And sea water in the jack will eventually destrou the jack, so give it a few soaks in fresh (not salt) water as soon as you get it out of the salt water (don't let the salts dry inside the jack). I'd use an eyedropper to make sure that water actually got into the jack, then immerse it in a shallow pan of water and swish it around a few times. Then change the water, shake the phone to gt any water out of the jack, do it all again. At least 3 times. Then a shot of rubbing alcohol into the jack to absorb any remaining water and a final shake.

(I treat an IP67 rating as "if it's not raining so hard that you'll drown, the phone will probably be okay", not as "you can go swimming with it".)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress