Upgrading to S6 Active?

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering if anyone is thinking of has upgrading to the S6 Active from the S5 Active. If so, what are your thoughts the S6A compared to the S5A?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I will ever buy another active series phone as long as they are only att exclusive , not enough aftermarket made for them.
I don't know why companies make exclusive deals like that with carriers. Samsung is losing out on a ton of sales from other carriers.

I know what you mean about the aftermarket accessories. I would have liked to have gotten a wireless charger for the S5A. And I the case selection wasn't as good as it was for the regular S5. But I had no problem finding one that I liked.

Since the S6 Active has wireless charging built in and I don't think I would have an issue finding a decent case for the S6A. Also it seems that there are plenty of screen protectors available for the S6A. So I don't don't think I would be missing out on anything if I were to get the S6A.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active using the Tapatalk app

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I prefer to have a phone with a changeable battery and expandable memory. I doesn't look like either is available on the S6A if I am reading the specs correctly.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I prefer to have a phone with a changeable battery and expandable memory. I doesn't look like either is available on the S6A if I am reading the specs correctly.
Yes you are correct. No removable battery or expandable storage in any of the S6 variations. However, the battery is so big in the S6 Active, that not having a removable battery doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I would prefer not being able to remove the back panel because I've been so paranoid about it on my S5 Active with regards to something getting into the gasket area and leaking water.

I can definitely see not having expandable storage as being an issue as being limited to only 32GB just might not be enough for some people. However, this wouldn't be a big deal either if they released the S6A with larger storage options. I don't understand why Samsung didn't release the S6A with the same storage options as the regular S6!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active using the Tapatalk app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11