New Samsung s 5 active picky about charging

linzerbabes

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,
I know i'm a few versions behind but I just got a new s5 active today. My issue is that the phone was charging perfectly right out of the box. However now after a couple hours of usage, it's being extremely picky about how its charging. It charges fine with the included usb cable if its plugged into my computer but not when used with the included wall adapter. I have also tried about 10 other cable and adapter combinations and it charges with one that's perma attached to a wall adapter. I'm at a loss as to if this is a port issue, a battery issue, or a firmware issue. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So just to be clear--you've tried different wall charging adapter plugs?

CBonney

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

The charger and the cable does matter. Pay attention to the V and A on the factory charger. Mine is 5.3v at 2amps. I have used other chargers and have seen poor results. The cable matters as well. It comes down to electronic theory. The length and thickness of the cable make a difference.

Here is a short read but, there are more detailed explanations.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTip..._know_why_your_smartphone_is_charging_slowly/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38