Booting into Download Mode

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Alright folks, so I'm trying to reflash a fresh stock rom on my 900A S5. it's been rooted. When I boot the phone into Download Mode and select continue, the phone loads into Odin mode but automatically starts downloading (though the device isn't connected to anything). I think because of this, I am unable to flash to the device (automatically receiving a fail in Odin on the PC) - Anyone know how to correct this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20160331_134651.jpg
    20160331_134651.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
This is not an issue. Odin mode and Download mode are synonymous (the same thing). It will say "Downloading" to mean that it is listening to the USB port. It uses very minimal drivers, so it cannot tell whether it is listening or active. No problem here.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks mooserman. The "fail" I receive in Odin on the PC while attempting to flash the stock rom, could that be a result having a bad rom? Should I try redownloading from another source (I tried downloading the ATT rom from SamMobile)?

Update: looks like it was a bad rom, nabbed another one from the XDA forums and was able to successfully reflash stock. Sadly it did not correct the gyro or heart rate monitor issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: