Rooting my phone

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
For example, a third party text or email app used to allow individual icons so you could know who was texting you or what email account an email came from by looking at the notification icon.

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I see.....is there specific app you're referring to? If I understand your request, I would think that rooting would NOT get you what you need. If you're referring to a specific app that you want notification to appear, I would suggest contacting the developer of the app, to get a specific answer from them, about how to activate notifications.

Please forgive me if I'm not understanding what you mean to say.

Chris

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
For example, go sms a texting app. I used to be able to assign different color notifications to individuals. So if I assigned you a red icon, when you texted me in the notification bar, I would see a red icon and I would know it was you. Both go sms and aqua mail have said that is a limitation with both lollipop and now marshmallow. That was one of my favorite features of Android.

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh...I see now. I honestly don't "think" root is going to accomplish that. Unless you install a custom recovery, with a custom rom that perhaps can be flashed using a custom recovery. The issue is, are you willing to take a chance with root, to accomplish all that?