Unlocking bootloader help

A

AC Question

Hello,

I have a galaxsy s5 906k and I've been reading on how to unlock the bootloader as I'm trying to install Remix OS and it seems I've come across a lot of misinformation.... and if possible can someone tell me what exactly I need to unlock the bootloader, as I can't find a list of the appropriate tools? Do I need twrp for my specific device?? Some have said yes and some no.

My phone is already rooted.

Also post unlock bootloader question, can I use the 900k rom from remix to install on my 906k?

EDIT**

I can only boot into download mode, not fastboot mode. adb devices returns the device, but fastboot devices returns nothing. Tried adb reboot-bootloader`and it just shows waiting for any device.

These all boot into download/odin mode!!!!!!

adb reboot download

adb reboot bootloader / adb reboot-bootloader

Only one that boots into recovery mode! Then I go to Reboot to bootloader and it comes back to recovery mode!!!!!!!!!!
adb reboot recovery

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I was not aware that the Korean carrier minority variant of the Galaxy S5 Prime, G906K, intended for use on the KT Corporation network, had a locked bootloader. In any case, the custom ROM for Remix for the G900K will not be compatible with your phone. See, 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide