S5: How many more iterations?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So the S3 showed up in mid 2012, then the S4 in 2013, and now the S5 in 2014. The way the tech industry works these days, does this mean there will have to be a new "S" phone every year? For how much longer do you think Samsung will continue the Galaxy S series? I imagine that when Samsung gets around to the true next generation devices, they will consider abandoning the S series in favor of a new designation.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So the S3 showed up in mid 2012, then the S4 in 2013, and now the S5 in 2014. The way the tech industry works these days, does this mean there will have to be a new "S" phone every year? For how much longer do you think Samsung will continue the Galaxy S series? I imagine that when Samsung gets around to the true next generation devices, they will consider abandoning the S series in favor of a new designation.

I think there was a rumor going around that the S5 would be the last iteration of the S line. They were going to drop it for a new "F" line.
I would personally like to see something completely new in addition to the Note line which should continue for longer than their current S line

Sent from my XT1056 using the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Although branding is a big part of Samsung's success, I think it's time for a refresh on a new brand and possibly a new direction with design. What does everyone think about the Galaxy S and Note lines coming together? I think I heard that at one point. Though, not sure if Samsung would let the Note series take over or if it'll continue to offer two flagship models. Does it really matter at this point?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Although branding is a big part of Samsung's success, I think it's time for a refresh on a new brand and possibly a new direction with design. What does everyone think about the Galaxy S and Note lines coming together? I think I heard that at one point. Though, not sure if Samsung would let the Note series take over or if it'll continue to offer two flagship models. Does it really matter at this point?

Don't see this happening. The S users would never go with a Note phone and vice versa. Having something in between would make a lot of people mad.
They should keep the Note line, and start fresh with the F line

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699