I'm not impressed with Galaxy S5

ndira

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
With all the leaks that we got, I'm disappointed with what it came up with. Where is the QHD screen, 3GB of team, Snapdragon 805? Why do we still have flagship phones with 16GB storage? I also think these OEMs have messed up Android. Why can't we uninstall bloatware? With Samsung apps taking so much space, we are being robbed of valuable storage here. We don't use all these builtin Apps.

Sent from my C1905 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think a ton of people on this website pretty much loathes everything Samsung makes, except the Note series.

I honestly think this phone was WAY too overhyped. The SD 805 probably wasn't ready in time and QHD screens on 5" displays make absolutely ZERO sense whatsoever. 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage was probably done to avoid making the phone a smaller Note 3, which IMO, if true, is absolutely stupid.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: I'm not impressed with Galaxy S 5

With all the leaks that we got, I'm disappointed with what it came up with. Where is the QHD screen, 3GB of team, Snapdragon 805? Why do we still have flagship phones with 16GB storage? I also think these OEMs have messed up Android. Why can't we uninstall bloatware? With Samsung apps taking so much space, we are being robbed of valuable storage here. We don't use all these builtin Apps.

Blame the rumors and carriers for that
As for the storage thing, I blame Samsung

Like already said, people had way too high expectations because of the rumors...one thing I have learned

tumblr_m4pikszI521qdm61io1_500.gif

ndira

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Something needs to be done about these builtin Apps which eat up space. I'm struggling with my phone because the whole two gigs is gone and I'm left with only two gigabytes.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Something needs to be done about these builtin Apps which eat up space. I'm struggling with my phone because the whole two gigs is gone and I'm left with only two gigabytes.

What phone do you have that only has 8 gb of storage?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

What phone do you have that only has 8 gb of storage?

2+2 = 4 :eek:
To answer your question, there are a lot of lower end phones with less than 8 GB of storage :(

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

QHD display and 3GB of RAM aren't necessary. 1080p and 2GB is more than enough.
Qualcomm said the 805 wouldn't be ready until Q4, so Idk why people were expecting that. The 801 is still faster than anything else on the market.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

2+2 = 4 :eek:
To answer your question, there are a lot of lower end phones with less than 8 GB of storage :(

ah, for some reason I saw 4 and 4. I've always been bad at math. ;) but I guess that's true. I do remember my LG Optimus S and I think it had like 656 mgb of storage. :/

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

ah, for some reason I saw 4 and 4. I've always been bad at math. ;) but I guess that's true. I do remember my LG Optimus S and I think it had like 656 mgb of storage. :/

My previous phone had 2GB of storage I think, and less than 1 available for apps :-\