Compare Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Z2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would personally lean toward the Sony. But to answer your question, I think the S5 is slightly better of the two.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is teh GS5 is going to be available in more markets than the Z2. I'm not sure if you're in the US, but the only news for the Z2 is a rumor it may come to Verizon.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is teh GS5 is going to be available in more markets than the Z2. I'm not sure if you're in the US, but the only news for the Z2 is a rumor it may come to Verizon.

Interesting. I thought that Sony was committed to only releasing their high end products on GSM carriers, at least outside of Japan. To the OP, the Z2 is probably a better all around piece of equipment out of the box. Two things, tho. First, in my experience, Sony mobile products degrade quickly, both the hardware (case, battery, screen) and the software (I can't explain it but we all know how even a reset phone starts to drag after a while). Second, since the Z1 never got a proper release in the US, it's basically vaporware relative to the S5, which you can have in your hand in a little over a week.