How to delete Picasa photo's on Galaxy S5?

Bambii68

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Deleting Picasa Photos ?

I have the same issue. The way I got rid of the picturesame the first time was I removed my Google account from my phone and then I added it again. But when I want to delete a picture from my phone that is backed up to Picasa I don't want to have to delete my account each time. There is definitely a sync issue with what is on the my Web account and what is on my device on my S5 and S4

Oh what a pain! I had Picasa blocked/disabled on my Verizon HTC Incredible, then got my Galaxy S5 with AT&T. Sadly, the Google setting blocking Picasa didn't port over, every blasted picture from my laptop, Facebook & Google account synced to Picasa. Ugh!! The sync setting stayed, but the disabled setting did not.

Posted via Android Central App

Bambii68

May 10, 2014
Visit site

I can't find Picasso on my phone. Looked in all and it not there. I never downloaded it. Guess I though maybe you'll were talking about it being one that was already on it.

Picasa shows up as a folder in your galery. Settings are in your Google account.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Oh what a pain! I had Picasa blocked/disabled on my Verizon HTC Incredible, then got my Galaxy S5 with AT&T. Sadly, the Google setting blocking Picasa didn't port over, every blasted picture from my laptop, Facebook & Google account synced to Picasa. Ugh!! The sync setting stayed, but the disabled setting did not.

I had never used Picassa, yet the pictures from my old phone showed up on the S5 under Picassa pics. I was annoyed at that, considering Google never asked my permission to upload my pictures. Ought to be an "opt in" feature, not automatic.

Elaine Galvin

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, went from S3 to S5 and these picasa pics were just there and I couldn't get rid of them. Very helpful! For the S5 do all the above but tap into your email address to find picasa.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

To keep it from happening again. Open Gallery Goto Setting Click on your Username@gmail.com and scroll to the bottom. Uncheck Sync Picasa Web album.
Finally go to Google + select Pictures and delete all the pictures in your Picasa album.

You are now all cleaned up.

Thanks Jeff. But I also found that if you want to delete the Picasa folder in your Gallery on your phone.....open your Gallery>click on the 3 menu buttons>menu will open and click on "content to display">I then unchecked the "all content" and just kept "content in device">click ok> and that darn pesty Picasa folder is now gone.

I wanted to get rid of that darn Picasa folder in my Gallery and finally figured it out. Everyone's suggestions helped.

Nargiz Abdullayeva

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Hi, i had exactly the same problem. All you gotta do is go to "galery", and on the top you will see a search cursor, camera pic and 3 dots. However click the last think on the top and then click "content to display" and there you can just turn off picasa or facebook or whatever. i hope it will work and sorry for the bad english

Milo Dandee

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

Even though you clear the album/photos via the gallery and content display buttom, the damn album is still there. I guess it means the album will always be there?

I have done everything through Application Manager and everything but nothing worked except the Gallery option. Oh well

Pukekobird

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site

i had same problem on my S5... so annoying having all 625 picasa photos on my phone..... did most things you had too. i couldnt even delete a photo off the album or delete that... it was driving me nuts. when looking at my albums i have 3 vertical dots, i tap this to then display a list of commands. One is "what content to display"... so tap that and i went straight for unchecking Picasa, others can be enabled or disabled too like FB. etc.

Anyway job done Picasa is gone from my albums yay :D

Derrick Withey

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Recommended from online:
Go into Settings----->Accounts and Sync---->Tap Google----->Uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums".
Go into Settings----->Application Manager---->"All" tab----->Find Gallery and tap "Clear Data"

I think your next step is going into the gallery app and tapping clear data. I believe it will only delete the cache and not your pictures.

Do this and you are golden

Antonio Alicea

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

This didn't work for me. Eventhough I am no longer syncing Picasa the album and photos are still there.
I've also deleted the Picasa album directly within Google+. So technically this album does not exist anywhere any longer.
Yet there is it. Staring at me when I open my gallery on my s5 :( So irritating

:') I FINALLY got rid of it. In your gallery hit the three dots in the top right, go to photos to display or it should say something like that and unchecked photos in Picasa hope this works because it did for me :''))))

JL001

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

The way to get rid of the files on your phone is:
hold down the gallery icon until the Creat Folder, App Info, X Cancel menu appears
pull the icon up to the App Info icon and release
When the new screen appears select Clear Data.
To keep it from happening again. Open Gallery Goto Setting Click on your Username@gmail.com and scroll to the bottom. Uncheck Sync Picasa Web album.
Finally go to Google + select Pictures and delete all the pictures in your Picasa album.

You are now all cleaned up.

Thank you. This was the most helpful post on this topic that I found in this thread.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

All this is to Stoke viewing the pics and not how to get rid of them so here is how
First install Google+ yes you need this
Then log in to your Google account now with G+open at the top you will see a small arrow pointing down
Press it then at the bottom you will see a photos option press that
Here you can now DELETE the pics or Albums

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

Slightly OT, but i have an issue say when saving pics to Picasa from a PC and then downloading them to my phone later. When i do this, even if i disable all the syncing from the device and from Picasa's autobackup the photos get backed up to Picasa again causing duplication! The only way i have seen to get around it is to then goto Picasa from a PC and delete those duplicates afterwards, annoying.

silverland1983

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

I tried all way outs but nothing. finally i thought to look in the album options instead of the settings. Go to gallery, select option which is right in the corner and there you will see content to display, Over :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87