Phone app keeps opening on its own

melillobm

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This is my first post and I just got a Galaxy S5 with a Galaxy Gear 2 Neo so first of all, hello everyone!

I've been troubleshooting this like crazy and it's driving me nuts. The phone app keeps opening all by itself. I have the galaxy gear 2 hooked up to it through bluetooth all the time and I don't know if that is the culprit, the phone has a software issue, or it is a hardware issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Any help is appreciated!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have that phone, but I do have a Note 3, had a Note II and a GSIII... One of the common problems I had was while texting the phone would open. IF that is what IS happening to you, then try turning off the gesture that when you're texting you put the phone to your ear and auto dial. It never seemed to work fine for me and was always opening when I didn't want it to or calling folks. Give that a look.

C7Vette

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem and I found this thread doing a Google search. I also have an S5 AND Galaxy gear 2 watch. It only started to happen after I connected the watch. I'll be doing something on my phone and then the dialer app just opens up on its own. It's very very annoying. I switched to the S5 after having iPhones from the very first Gen. Figured I would try something new and I like the customizability but there's too much lag. The iPhone just worked.

Posted via Android Central App

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Once I disabled/toggled the smart relay setting in Gear Manager, under notifications, it stopped. Maybe just a coincidence?

C7Vette

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It was still happening, I had to turn off that feature in Galaxy gear manager to fix the problem.

jmatteis

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
So, I turned off the smart relay, lets see if that works. I have had this issue since day one, but now that I think about it, at one point, I did a reset of my phone and it reset that toggle, and I don't think it was doing it, but started again a couple of days ago, after I turned it on again? Hopefully Samsung fixes this, or Android, or whoever, because the function would be nice to use, but I am soooooo annoyed at that app popping up all the time.

themoonowl

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 3 and I've only had it for about a month nd a half or so and since last night my s finder keeps opening on its own. I have tried turning it off, taking out he battery and letting it sit, but none of that is working. it is so bat that I can't even text without s finder popping up every 15 seconds.

cmotown1

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my note 3. I would stream Pandora through bluetooth and then out of no where apps start popping up on my screen. Hopefully its an issue that can be fixed soon.

Cynthia Bonini

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, Liana. Just the GS5, no other associated devices and always Google Play Music, which, by the way, I never use! This is a fairly recent (past couple of weeks) phenomenon. I've had this phone since May. Samsung? Google? You listening??

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Me and my boyfriend both have the issue of Google Play Music opening up in the background. It doesn't show in recent apps and the only way we know it's running is if I go in to clear all running apps and it's there! I know I'm not opening it on accident. He has the Note 4 and I have the S5.

Boom! From My S5