Search only contacts with phone number?

Hadas N

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to find a way to change the default behavior of the Contacts app to search only for contacts that have a phone number.
My contacts are synchronized with my Google account and since Google saves all used emails as contacts (in the "Other Contacts" group), whenever I search for a contact in the phone I get a list of all the emails that also match my search. this is so annoying.

I enabled the option "Only contacts with phones" in the settings, but that seems only to affect the contacts that are displayed in the list, search is not affected by it.
I also tried changing the "Contacts to display" option to use a customized list and selecting only the desired group (My Contacts) from my Google account, but nothing was affected except for the list itself.

Does anyone know if there any way to change that behavior without installing a third party dialer app?

Thanks

Last edited:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The S5 guys will know for sure, but I believe that your only options in the stock dialer are those you've already tried. :-\ It's unfortunate that they only affect the display listings and not the search results...

Kathryn Shelton

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever get a fix for this? I am having th same problem, I even called EE technical line to see if they knew and they didnt! I am having the exact same issue as you it's really annoying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia