Only took a week....

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
There is no way to prevent that. The best case would not protect vibrations from rupturing internal components. As you stated, the external glass was not damaged but the internal component under it ruptured.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought for sure Gorilla Glass would be a lot better.... a lot tougher.

Gorilla glass doesn't help with breaking, rather it makes it more scratch proof.

That sucks that it happened in an otterbox case. I thought those were the toughest cases around....

-Sent from Tapatalk

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Just figured it was not easy to break lol
What "things" are that? Phone was dropped. Things break when they are dropped. Just like the S4 Active, people were not properly checking the seal and were water damaging their phones and complaining about how it's Samsungs fault and not their own. Which in turn caused many to think the Active was not a good phone. Unfortunately things happen...

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
That sucks that it happened in an otterbox case. I thought those were the toughest cases around....

They probably are. They are top-notch anti-scratch protectors. And they can look gorgeous (depending on your taste). But because they are hard-shell they don't protect against drops, bumps or hits. If you want that too in addition to anti-scratch then you need a shock-absorbing soft-shell case of e.g. silicone.

Ynnuendo1991

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I m happy I paid the 89$ physical damage coverage on mine since I saw my boyfriend breaking his HTC One (which i had luckily under the same coverage). The parts aren't that expensive but they really are a pain in.... to change.

Posted via Android Central App