Really need help deciding.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay so the title is a bit dramatic but seriously...

I was an iPhone 5s user and became over the stale os so I stole an upgrade from my parents. I got the HTC one m8. I love the build quality (I'd rather have the more matte silver one though) and I love the speakers. The battery was good but the bottom black space drove me crazy. I also had a Google play edition. And I didn't care for that. I gave my step dad the HTC one m8 and took his upgrade to get the galaxy s5 when it was released. I'm still in my 14 days but it's kind of driving me crazy. I prefer the camera and the screen over the m8 but it still seems seems so slow. And I'm using a different launcher. Also the phone unlocks too easily. Today at work my s5 took 45 screen shots in my pocket!

Both phones have things I love and things I hate! What do I do? Time is running out and I need advice!

I'm on att by the way.

Eric Ruiz1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Nobody can choose for you. Play with both since you can and put them head to head. I'm enjoying my s5 regardless of the speed since I can play around with it morr

Posted via Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
What are your pros and cons? I really want other people's opinions that are in the same situation.

So far I have this:

Galaxy S5 / Pros: Camera, battery life, water and dust resistance, and screen quality.

HTC One / Pros: Sound quality, screen quality, design, and the Dot View case.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So far I have this:

Galaxy S5 / Pros: Camera, battery life, water and dust resistance, and screen quality.

HTC One / Pros: Sound quality, screen quality, design, and the Dot View case.

The extra space on the bottom of the HTC didn't bother u? I feel like it's such a waste. What do you feel about TouchWiz vs sense?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The extra space on the bottom of the HTC didn't bother u? I feel like it's such a waste. What do you feel about TouchWiz vs sense?

I don't like the black bar at the bottom, but I think that it allows more room for the internals of the phone. And for Touchwiz vs Sense, I like the design and performance of HTC Sense better. Touchwiz is just too slow for me. It feels like it is "heavy" so to say. But, some of that can be fixed by installing a third-party launcher.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This is the first time I've ever seen people torn between two phone. Maybe it's because they were released so close together.

I'm struggling as well, which is not normal for me. Normally one phone standee out as being my favorite. I have bother the M8 and S5, and switch daily. Oh, and throw the Note 3 in the mix for me too.

I like the feel and speed of the M8, and Sense 6 is unobtrusive. But it's slippery and a little taller.

The S5 feels good in the hand, is lighter and the screen looks great. I'm in the minority but I like a skinned interface,like TouchWiz, Sense and even the LG skin. Some call it a gimmick, but I like the heart rate monitor and S-Health. I also like how it's waterproof and the removable battery.

The camera is not a factor for me. As long as I can take pics of my dog and other random things I'm happy.

Both have great battery life for me.

So as of right now, I'm probably 70/30, with 70% towards the S5.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The HTC does feel slippery. I want the silver one that is going to be more matte. I think the s5 feels better in the hand though. I really can't handle it turning on every 5 seconds in my pocket. I just wish it was easier and there was a clear cut winner. Even all of the reviews seem split!!!!

JWG2011

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Guess my question is how is your phone turning on/taking pictures in your pocket? I would think you would have a password/pin or use the finger print sensor to unlock your phone. If you're not than you should be.

Eric Ruiz1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just do it.

Can't sell you on the phone if you don't know what you want. Its like trying to sell you a German sports car and an american sports car; two competitors with different characteristics to tailor everyone differently.

Why I chose the S5.
-M8 looks like a cheap iPhone knockoff and felt worse in my hand. S5 is lighter. I am techy so although the galaxy had some lag, I got rid of most with nova launcher, cache cleaner, and app manager so I am not gonna complain. Camera makes a difference to me and the HTC wasn't that bad but you can zoom on S5 pics and still have good quality. HTC was a very smooth OS but the phone is just not what I was looking for. Yes the S5 is plastic and removable back but I like that because plenty test have show its a trooper compared to a metal case that does not absorb shock very well and when my battery feels like its not what is used to be, i can reolace. M8 has better call quality though and beautiful sound. M8 is for a simple user aka people who want something easy to use and clean. The s5 is that German sports car that may have problems here and there but you still smile everytime you see it. Hope this helps

And FYI, you are going to get people who are very bias. In all honesty, my friend is in the same situation....but so am I. My 14 day exchange is up this Friday and I have gone to best buy twice since then to play with the M8 but the feel of the phone keeps killing it. Either of them are great phones. CNET did a prizefight video on a compare and they did a good job pointing everything out when it comes to choosing.

I came from iPhone as well

Posted on another members question and copied

Posted via Android Central App

Graziella K

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
" The s5 is that German sports car that may have problems here and there but you still smile everytime you see it. Hope this helps " So beautifully said :)

I adore Touchwiz. Blame it on my gender... I have the Sg5 and coudn't be more satisfied. I must admit I was torn between these two too, but my choice was quickly taken because of touchwiz and my unconditionnal love for Samsung's gimmicks.

We have problems from another era lol ! Some have to spare money and sacrifice their pleasure to feed their family at the end of the month, and some as we, are mouning about which phone to pick. Life ... :-[

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
No matter what choice you make you are still going to wish you picked the other phone.

This. You have tried them both, they both have pros and cons. You are stuck in your 14 day window, no phone can give you the experience of the pros of both phones. You are in a dilemma, pick one and stick with it. To me what would be more irritating is constantly changing devices.