Adjusting volume while locked, great feature

vawireless

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this new for the S5 or Android as I have just come from an iPhone but I figured out how to adjust the volume while the device is locked. Press and hold the power key and when the menu items appear, such as Power Off, press one of the volume keys and the volume indicator appears. You can also click on the settings icon at this point and adjust other sounds, such as notification volume.

For me having to unlock my device for every volume adjustment had always been a pain, so this little feature is a big plus for me for Android.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Attachments

• 1398511667716.jpg
    1398511667716.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 28

dd4

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this new for the S5 or Android as I have just come from an iPhone but I figured out how to adjust the volume while the device is locked. Press and hold the power key and when the menu items appear, such as Power Off, press one of the volume keys and the volume indicator appears. You can also click on the settings icon at this point and adjust other sounds, such as notification volume.

For me having to unlock my device for every volume adjustment had always been a pain, so this little feature is a big plus for me for Android.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Welcome to Android. An operating system that lets you do as you choose instead of being told what to do. An operating system with flexibility and choice. You will also find that if the stock android OS does not do something you would like it to there is probably a way to make it work how you would like it to.

You will find far far more useful features in Android than iOS and you will also find that with each version of android more and more useful features are added all the time. Unlike an iPhone where it took Apple 3 years to change the background.

Where you see Apple putting a huge amount of time and money into marketing the smallest of features on a iPhone you wont see that on Android and that is because there are so many features and so many extras it would be impossible to show them all off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20