Kies Backup/Restore Question

Fastfwd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Android here. I've used Iphones and supported them in my workplace and I love how I can backup and restore an exact image of how an Iphone is setup. Becoming familiar with how incredibly customizable the Galaxy S5 is, but it worries me that Kies isn't going to perform a restore like ITunes? ITunes basically makes an 'image' of the phone and I'm getting the impression that Kies isn't going to be quite the same? Hopefully I'm wrong on this?

I'm talking in terms of all of my apps organized into folders, etc. It took quite a while to get them all how I wanted them.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I cant say I have tried it with folders but most other personalization is restored other than some account info when I went from my S4 to S5 with Kies which should be a lessor problem on a restore to same device

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
You'll get almost everything back. Just have to put everything on the home screen back to where you want it. But songs, pics, ring tones, backgrounds, wallpapers, Wi-Fi settings, will all be there

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Eric Molina1

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I jump from ROM to ROM. im currently on cm 10.2, and i use kies to do a complete restore. messages, contacts, pictures. music, calendar, everything gets put back where it was for me. minus the home screen of course. i can vouch that it does work doing a complete reset to a complete restore

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274