Tips on buying s5 on ebay

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello. First time here.

I would like to know if I can verify if the phone is legit to buy on ebay. Any help would be appreciate it thanks.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
if it were me, no chance i would buy one there, zero!!!

why would you want to there ?? then if phone issues what do you do ??? might just be slow here, but i purchased on contract from sprint, any issues, 20 minutes and another is in my hand. :)

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd be very careful when buying from ebay as some can turn out to be a fake device.

I got mine using the AT&T Next and only pay $32.50 a month. I choose the 12 month program, this way I can upgrade to a new device every year.

Last edited:

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would only buy from retail dealers on Ebay not individuals. They would have thousands of previous transactions, and any problems other buyers would have posted negative reviews. Plus they usually have some type of return policy.

There is no real way of verifying if a cell phone is legit.
You can always ask for the phones ESN to see if it was reported stolen, but it would only help if the original owner had reported it. Usually people don't report the phone stolen right away in hopes that they will find it. Unfortunately during that time the thief will try to sell it while it still has a clean ESN.

I bought my S3 from a dealer on ebay and it is perfectly fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon one is $600 directly from Verizon. It is factory sim unlocked and would work on tmobile, but just doesn't support all the connectivity or options that the tmobile one supports for use on tmobile

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
If you are trying to get a T-Mobile phone, you have to make sure that there is no EIP balance still owed on the phone. If the seller isn't willing to go into a T-Mobile store and verify this with you, don't buy the phone. It can be blacklisted by T-Mobile at any time if there is an outstanding EIP balance and the original purchaser stops paying on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87