YouTube hangs after 30 seconds

agrynco

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I have I9300I and after update android to the 4.4.4 I had the same issue and I uninstalled Youtube's updates and it helped! Thanks a lot.

Doris Vila

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Computer browsers (multiple computers, multiple browsers) and even my old Droid Incredible exhibit no issues with YouTube on the same WiFi network with the same videos. It seems to be "this phone" specific. I'm going to try a factory reset to see if that "magically" fixes it, but since no one else seems to be having this problem, my plan is to return it for another at the store that I will make them turn on and check YouTube (over wifi) before I take home.
I have the same problem and I have and samsung galaxy s3 neo...

David Perlich

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Howdy. I just got my S5 yesterday, and while there are a lot of things I like so far, I've got a problem that will have me returning the phone on Monday if I can't find a fix. FWIW, I consider myself pretty tech savvy, and have done around an hour of research with no solution in sight.

When viewing a video in YouTube, the video will ALWAYS hang at 30 second intervals (not exact, but close). Pull up any video, hit play, everything is fine and stutter-free, but then at 30 seconds the video freezes (audio continues). If I move the timeline position cursor, the video continues again, but will freeze up again after another 30 seconds. It does this every time without fail.

I haven't been able to find anyone else experiencing this problem with this phone (tablets, S4, other things, yes, but the specific solutions (the few that seem to work for the person posting) don't apply to the S5).

Hopefully somebody out there might have some thoughts, because I'd love to keep this phone. As mentioned, if I can't find a solution this weekend, the phone goes back.

Been having the same issues too. I'm still looking for a solution.

Rick Evans2

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem in reverse. Have a galaxy S4, and it auto upgraded to Lollipop.
After the so-called upgrade, any videos - facebook, embedded videos using various players - would all freeze after 15-20 seconds while the audio continued. Using the scrubber caused the video to play in slow motion while the audio continued at full speed.

The only videos not affected were those played directly through youtube app or those saved locally.

Following advice on here, I disabled all ANT apps and plugins and restarted..... so far this seems to have fixed the problem..... whether this is permanent remains to be seen.

Alan Mally

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same exact problem with my asus memo pad 10, with the exception of the video hangs again. If I move the play back a few seconds the video will continue until it finishes. I must note that most of the videos I watch are very short and may not be reaching the second 30 second hang. I uninstalled the updates and the original YouTube works fine. Then I reinstalled the YouTube update only to find the problem still exists, so it is a problem with the update. Will YouTube ever fix this, been months now? Has anyone found a fix?

Keshenatech1

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
This isn't just happening on phones. I just bought a Monster M7 tablet cheap off of ebay as repair project to get myself a good tablet cheap. I replaced the broken off missing charger port and updated the firmware so all 16GB are available for apps and not just 1GB, updated Youtube and all other apps so everything on it is up to date. It works great and has a beautiful clear display, but less than a minute into playing just about every Youtube video I watch, the video goes still, but the audio keeps playing. So I hit the time line on the bottom and it starts moving again only to freeze up again in less than another minute. This is very annoying because I like to watch music videos, both amateur and professional. Has anyone found a solution for this problem yet? I'm ready to put the tablet back on Ebay or donate it to Good Will because it's useless for the main purpose of enjoying music videos which I bought it for.

Last edited:

Jacen Solo

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
At the cost of necroing this thread, I had this exact same problem, but disabling the ANT+ Radio service and ANT+ plugin apps and then restarting seems to have fixed this issue.

Thank you!! :D

bonamath89

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem on my Samsung S6 on the youtube app and with the browser. I called the company that is my phone service provider and they did something with my phone connection that fixed the problem.

RMB99

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my tablet. It was the same with Netflix and Youtube. The video always freezes after about 30 seconds of playback. I reinstalled the applications, reseated the operating system, and it did not work. So, after many attempts I discovered that the problem was in the connection to the router. I do not know exactly what the problem is. Interesting that other devices connected to the same router had no problem; Just the tablet. Just connect the tablet to another router and the problem is solved.