Weird lockscreen issues and NILS question

DCRicky

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Finally have my S5 set up to my liking...well, almost. Having some weird lockscreen issues. One I noticed today was that it changed songs while it my pocket. I was using spotify. Screen was off and locked when I put it in my pocket but I had some nils notifications that may have caused the phone to wake. Any ideas what i'm doing to cause this?

Other issue. Every time my screen wakes due to a nils notification it then goes to the alternative password screen after a few seconds. Not a huge deal but don't like the idea of my screen being on for longer than needed wasting battery.

Finally, when I get a notification for a text, it shows up as one unread message. If a second text comes in, I get another one that says 2 unread messages and the old one unread message still shows. Again, not a huge deal but would love them to show correctly. I use NILS so I can see if my boss texts me without having to unlock my phone. Would use lockscreen widget like dashclock but since that isn't an option NILS was the best alternative I could find.

Thanks!

mikepolinske

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I just installed NiLS on my GS5 and noticed the same behavior where it goes to the alternate password.

Have you found a reason for this or how to stop it?

joshua krempasky

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
The issue of the song changing is created by an air gesture. It allows you to swipe your hand in front of your phone so skip tracks. If your screen turns on, and slides slightly in your pocket, this may occur.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez