quickest way access 4g/lte on/off on Galaxy s5

ddsps

May 8, 2014
Visit site
any way to turn off mobile data to conserve battery life besides settings/more networks/mobile networks/mobile data? And no, not airplane mode, I still want SMS and calling.

like a widget or something? there was always one with HTC sense.

Thanks!

Last edited:

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: quickest way access 4g/lte on/off

I cannot find a way yet either. Where i live our LTE network has become slow and overloaded so when i did have my other phone (ahem, read iPhone) i could easily toggle back to the 4G network and still get 9 down 4 up.

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

any way to turn off mobile data to conserve battery life besides settings/more networks/mobile networks/mobile data? And no, not airplane mode, I still want SMS and calling.

Thanks!

Drag down from top with two fingers, then toggle Mobile Data.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, a real bummer. If anyone with att, figured out something for drop down menu, would love to hear it.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

I toggle location off and on. If I toggle it off, I can go 12 hours and still be in the 90% range on my battery.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Jon, location does not turn on mobile data does it? At least it doesn't appear to when I turn it on.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Thanks!

I'm assuming, the only way to not use 4G is to turn the WIFI ON. I also disable using 4G and WIFI together for faster downloads.

janw75

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Can't you add it to your quick settings? In settings press 3 dots. Edit quick settings. You may have to remove one to be able to add it.
Hope that helps.

Posted via Android Central App

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Can't you add it to your quick settings? In settings press 3 dots. Edit quick settings. You may have to remove one to be able to add it.
Hope that helps.

It is not a choice to add on mine, what carrier are you on? I have empty spaces to add, but mobile data/ network, or lte / 3g , are not choices. I'm only able to get there in settings. Hopefully you find an app to help you.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

As. I said before , not an option to add to notification bar on my s5 att. So I downloaded Data on/off from Play Store and have it on my home screen. It's convenient, but it's a shame a phone of this caliber it doesn?t come on all carriers in notification bar.

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Maybe when you get root for AT&T you will be able to add that button. I think they are just disabled / hidden.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

There is an easy way to have access to turning ON/OFF the Data, WiFi connections.

I use it on a daily basis to stop all background traffic when I'm not using the phone or asleep and don't need it anyway.

Battery Doctor's Widgets provide a popup window that will allow you to toggle, DATA, SYNC, GPS, BLUETOOTH, WIFI, and more in one place. Very handy.

Using that widget is allowing my battery to go 3 or more days between charges and still make calls and text messaging. When I need those features I just toggle them ON.

Battery Doctor => https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en&token=evasVQFf

Be sure you go through all the Settings Menus and Whitelist anything you don't want turned off. Especially the one that will change your Display Timeout, it defaults to 30 seconds, I personally prefer 10 minutes and programmed the Power Button for Instant OFF timeout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas