Answering phone call with hand gesture

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there a trick? I have hand gesture check marked. I wave my hand and the green section lights up with each pass of my hand but doesn't answer the phone. You can tell it's reacting to each pass of my hand.

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Jon, where do you have this enabled? I have all the Motions and Gestures "on" in Settings but I don't see anything about answering phone calls nor did I find it in the phone settings. I tried it and it didn't work.
I have Direct Call enabled where I just put the phone to my ear and it dials whatever contact is currently on the screen.
Thanks

puremeerkat

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Jon, where do you have this enabled? I have all the Motions and Gestures "on" in Settings but I don't see anything about answering phone calls nor did I find it in the phone settings. I tried it and it didn't work.
I have Direct Call enabled where I just put the phone to my ear and it dials whatever contact is currently on the screen.
Thanks

Go into the accessibility settings and you'll find a plethora of additional features.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there a trick? I have hand gesture check marked. I wave my hand and the green section lights up with each pass of my hand but doesn't answer the phone. You can tell it's reacting to each pass of my hand.

Unless you work in an office all day, I cannot even imagine wanting that feature. My phone stays in my shirt pocket and I turned OFF all that motion gesture stuff.

Why not just have a feature to allow you to say "Hello" and have it answer with the speaker phone on?
Now that to me would be a neat thing to have were I at a desk all day.

frhighday

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Hold your hand over the phone and wave. Like you're waving at another person. Don't just swipe your hand over it one way. I was making that same mistake at first. Just tested it to be sure.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless you work in an office all day, I cannot even imagine wanting that feature. My phone stays in my shirt pocket and I turned OFF all that motion gesture stuff.

Why not just have a feature to allow you to say "Hello" and have it answer with the speaker phone on?

Oops, I was looking in Motions and Gestures. Now that I'm in the right place, I see that it is already checked. I tried frhighday said. Didn't work for me.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I personally wouldn't care for this setting but was interested in seeing it work.
There's so much stuff on this phone I'll still be figuring it out in two years when I'm
ready for an upgrade! :p

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
IDK I haven't had a moment where I was eating BBQ Ribs with both hands and needed to answer a call. LOL

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, why can't we say "Hi Galaxy, answer phone"? You know it's got to be possible. Maybe they have to save SOMEthing for future upgrades :D

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhhh I think I was just doing it wrong...

I think you can say answer phone actually.

I'm doing something wrong. In Call Settings I have Vibrate OFF (says phone can't answer calls by voice if phone is set to vibrate when ringing).
In Answering and Ending Calls I have Voice Control checked. Under Ringtones and Keypad Tones, the Vibrate when ringing box is checked but grayed out. Under Vibrations where you have a selection of vibration to choose from, there isn't a "none" option so "heartbeat" is still ticked but should be off. Saying "Answer phone" doesn't work. Tried "answer call". What's the secret?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm doing something wrong. In Call Settings I have Vibrate OFF (says phone can't answer calls by voice if phone is set to vibrate when ringing).
In Answering and Ending Calls I have Voice Control checked. Under Ringtones and Keypad Tones, the Vibrate when ringing box is checked but grayed out. Under Vibrations where you have a selection of vibration to choose from, there isn't a "none" option so "heartbeat" is still ticked but should be off. Saying "Answer phone" doesn't work. Tried "answer call". What's the secret?

Have not tried it yet, and hilariously enough, the sound isn't working on my puter at work...but I found this video...maybe you can tell me lol

Samsung Galaxy S5: How to Answer / Reject a Call With Voice Command - YouTube

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Jon, I can't get the stupid "vibrate when ringing" disabled and this video says it won't work with vibrate enabled. As soon as I (or someone) figures out how to disable vibrate, I can test this. The command he used was "answer".

Screenshot_2014-05-29-01-27-10.jpg

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Jon, I did and some brilliant person replied. It's all good now :D Oh, and the voice answering worked by saying "answer". However, I got that irritating caller ID too. It interrupts the ringtone and announces to the world who's calling.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Jon, I did and some brilliant person replied. It's all good now :D Oh, and the voice answering worked by saying "answer". However, I got that irritating caller ID too. It interrupts the ringtone and announces to the world who's calling.

Is it either or? In other words, can you have it set up for air gesture to answer AND by voice or just one or the other?

Which one did you like or prefer?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You can have both checked at the same time but I still can't get the wave to work and so far I haven't found a way to disable the "incoming call from..." alert that found it's way back on my phone when I enabled "answer calls with voice commands".

Jenny Olsen

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
What I think is that the client notice everythin behing the line, but I wanted to recall about the great service of Ding A Ling Answering services: Ding a Ling Answering Service, I have no regrets, they manage my company phone calls and is excellent, since I have their service I don't have to worry about anything!