Deleted emails return overnight

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got the S5, and the biggest problem is that using the email app (with the red@) my deleted emails come back overnight and show read but not deleted. This is with mostly AOL emails. I cannot find any settings to fix this. They do not return after the next refresh but only overnight. This has happened each day since I got the phone 5 days ago.
I like the S5 otherwise, but this could be a deal killer and I might go to HTC 8(I was using HTV evo). I have tried a few other email apps, none are great. For instance would like to have conversation view where you can open conversation and see all the emails without having to open an email, like you do with the RED@ app.
Since the delete thing only happens over night hard to test these all out. Thank you.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I deleted a bunch of emails an hour ago, went out, came back and now those emails, for the main account on AOL, are in both the 1 - combined inbox and 2 - the Trash folder. Not sure how this can even happen. For another account they are back on the comibined inbox, but not the trash folder.

CTW_949

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Assuming the account settings are correct for ‘delete from server’, I found that ONLY by SWIPING the email(s) into Deleted Status followed by a ‘Refresh’(synch) would emails actually be deleted from my server.
...good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii