The $9.00 wireless charging coil from ebay

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Got mine in the mail today. Looks to fit nicely within the waterproof seal on the back cover, has no discernible bump to the stock cover. And it works, too!

I know some don't see the thrill in wireless charging. I have been a fan since the touchstone days. I put a Palm coil into my S3, switched over to QI for my S4 and have been frustrated by the "coming soon" status of the official wireless back. Not sure I will still buy the official back once available or not, but this fits nicely in the stock cover and does the job. For $9 its hard to go wrong.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the price of the OEM wireless back and they STILL want more money to give you the charging pad?

Uh, no, I won't do that.

I bought an el cheapo wireless charger and pad combo for $18.99

like yours, the coil/receiver part fit inside the OEM back cover and did not create a bulge.
I did place a small piece of business card directly over the charging contacts to make that part more secure....

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine'

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this wireless charging thing and I'm interested in trying it. This won't damage my phone in any way will ? Also is the pad easy to install?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to this wireless charging thing and I'm interested in trying it. This won't damage my phone in any way will ? Also is the pad easy to install?

You plug the charging pad into your charger instead of the phone. Unbelievably simple. Is it possible to set the charging coil in the wrong place, possible yes, just follow directions. Its more likely that setting the coil wrong will simply fail to connect to the charging pads and fail to charge. Can someone possibly find a way to damage the phone. I am sure its possible. If you are worried about it, wait for the official charging back to come out, then you just replace the phone's back and you can't go wrong.

But if you can replace the battery in your phone and make sure you put the right end to the electrical connectors, you can set the charging coil in place and replace the back on to the phone.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You plug the charging pad into your charger instead of the phone. Unbelievably simple. Is it possible to set the charging coil in the wrong place, possible yes, just follow directions. Its more likely that setting the coil wrong will simply fail to connect to the charging pads and fail to charge. Can someone possibly find a way to damage the phone. I am sure its possible. If you are worried about it, wait for the official charging back to come out, then you just replace the phone's back and you can't go wrong.

But if you can replace the battery in your phone and make sure you put the right end to the electrical connectors, you can set the charging coil in place and replace the back on to the phone.

OK thanks for the info.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress