how to turn off multitask and back button?

Chris Wang1

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I have recently switched to from the iphone 4s to the new Samsung Galaxy S5. Everything about the phone is great except the annoying multitasking and back button that i keep accidently "touch" when playing games, watching full screen vids, etc. Is there a way to make the side "buttons" less sensitive or move it to the home button like the iphone? This way, I can hold the phone with both hands and not accidently stop what i'm doing by literally/barely grazing those two corners. They are annoying the **** out of me when my app just pauses.

Thank you for all your help! This is my first post.
Best,
Chris

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Settings/Display/Increase Touch Sensitivity
  • Uncheck this

Settings/Multi Window
  • Turn this OFF

Is there a way to make the side "buttons" less sensitive or move it to the home button like the iphone?

I can't find any way to change the nature of how the Menu Buttons work.... Except for the Home Button itself. It is configurable to do different things, but it is a physical button and I don't think that is the one you are talking about.

I suspect you mean the Double Menu outline button, and the "Back up/Exit app" button on the right side. Those are fixed in the OS. Sorry...

Chris Wang1

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Correct! I do mean the "Double Menu outline button" and the Back/Exit" button on both corners. I literally have change the way I hold my phone (when horizontal) to avoid that entire side. smh...

Anyways, thanks for your help! I will look for an update, if the developers decides to change it similar to how the Iphone home button works.

Vien Trinh

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I had a Nokia Icon before and I play game on it, and the back button was also annoying as hell. I placed a piece of hard, thin cardboard on it (thin enough to be comfortable, densed enough to avoid sensing the finger touch), tape it down to the phone when I'm playing. I rolled the end of the tape a little bit so I can easily remove it after playing and stuck it on a clean surface for storage.

donkeyhigh

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I have recently switched to from the iphone 4s to the new Samsung Galaxy S5. Everything about the phone is great except the annoying multitasking and back button that i keep accidently "touch" when playing games, watching full screen vids, etc. Is there a way to make the side "buttons" less sensitive or move it to the home button like the iphone? This way, I can hold the phone with both hands and not accidently stop what i'm doing by literally/barely grazing those two corners. They are annoying the **** out of me when my app just pauses.

Best,
Chris

Well, for videos, use mxplayer. Next to the play button there's a lock button. Press it, and everything will be disabled until you touch the screen, and press a new lock icon up in the left corner.. Works great with kids, so they don't accidentally turn off whatever movie they are watching..

Liz Kaminski

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Best,
Chris

Hi I hope this helps:

Go to: Settings-device-accessibility-recognition

IR-HP7

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site

Best,
Chris

###
Hey Dear Chris
There is a fast - easy - safe way to to this job as I did!

Just install "ALL IN ONE GESTURE" Software and follow this link for more instructions!

How to Swap the Back & Recents Keys on Your Samsung Galaxy S6 « Samsung Galaxy S6

Thanks caspian.mh93@gmail.com
Telegram ID: @mahdihp10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress