any way to boost Verizon LTE signal where I'm at?

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get better LTE signal with the S5 on Verizon? In my room where I position my phone at my desk I've gotten at most around 9-10 mbps down, but my old HTC Rezound had 12 mbps. Today I tested and got 4-7 mbps with the S5. I don't have any other internet where I live, and use a mobile hotspot to get internet on my PC, but I don't want to deal with slower speeds with the S5 compared to my rezound. Maybe I'm picky and am noticing minor problems with speed. Anyways, does anyone know why my S5 is a little slower than my old HTC Rezound? Is there anything I can do to get faster speeds in my room?

does anyone else have LTE reception issues with the S5 on Verizon compared to an older phone or other phone that has done better?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You can't do much about the incoming signal unless you get an external antenna to work with the phone.

Some of those can be integrated with a mini cell site repeater so that what you have inside your home is a much stronger signal.

I have read a lot info on this stuff on the iRV2 forum where RVers travel to remote areas and setup camp for days or weeks on end. they put up an external antenna.
iRV2 Forums

sometimes, that antenna is just connected to a 2nd antenna on the inside of the RV and the cellphone works with that "passively" w/o any electronics involved.

As for the difference between your older phone and the S5, that is a design issue and is the result of "different antenna configurations" in the phones.

I don't have any other brand of phone to compare my S5 with. I have been using an older Samsung Galaxy S for 3 years and the S5 seems to work better than it did.