Seems like update reports for every other phone are making the news......

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Every day you hear that this or that phone will be updating to L or 4.4 etc etc.....HTC M8 is getting 4.4.4 this month for example....

I have not heard one peep about any update for the S5...

what gives???

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well of course you see tons of reports about it... Google IO was just announced. HTC is quick to do it since they are always trying to be super committed to updating.. The other phones are Google's (such as the nexus).

I am sure Samsung will eventually announce it... But then it still has to go through the carriers which will cause an even bigger delay.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Updates. It's my only pet peeve from android.

Why don't Google & Carriers do what they have to do so it's ready for us when they announce it?

Pro S5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Updates. It's my only pet peeve from android.

Why don't Google & Carriers do what they have to do so it's ready for us when they announce it?

Pro S5

Well mainly because Google release the update for everyone... Manufacturers get it and add their stuff.... Then carriers add their stuff after the manufacturers give it to them. It's one of the downsides to Android... They allow them to modify and add things. Apple doesn't... They control it all 100 percent of the time so the carriers aren't allowed to add anything.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I think at this point it's still in Samsung hands mostly...I think I read somewhere that T-MOBILE is letting it fly for their S5's but not totally sure. I've been waiting too.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo