pedometer not working...

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
has anyone had success with this option? mine is at 0 halfway through the day... and it's not paused. I really want it to work.

thanks.

Kevin Hill4

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
i am having the same problem- it quit working half way through the day- i think it was when one of the apps tried to update- but i didn't have wifi at the time and not enough service and it gave me an error- i powered down- and powered back up and it started working again!

freightguy70

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine used to work great. Since the last update it just stops working at random as well. It's the only thing I use S health for. Might be time to move on I guess.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine worked perfectly until the recent update. Now it is junk...you have to access the menu to start and pause the pedometer, which is a pain vs having the start/stop on the main pedometer page as previously. It also seems to be running continuously in the background because it is just paused... apparently it has been running for 246 hours!

paulcr

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
has anyone had success with this option? mine is at 0 halfway through the day... and it's not paused. I really want it to work.

thanks.

Mine also stopped working after an update. I went into running apps and 'force stopped' two S Health applications and then restated my phone. That fixed it for me.

TheTech101

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I had to de a Cache wipe to get mine working..

here are the steps: (Disclaimer: Please be very Careful when doing this, I am not responsible if damage occurred or information is lost from your phone)
Wipe Cache Partition - Samsung Galaxy S® 5

[Device-Specific Instructions]

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.
1.Ensure the device is powered off.
Note If the device doesn't respond to input, remove then re-insert the battery.
2.Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the left edge near the top) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
3.While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
4.Select wipe cache partition.
Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
5.Select reboot system now.
Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select

Kazem Khalili

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
s-Health pedometer not working...

I had to do a Cache wipe to get mine working..

Here are the steps: (Disclaimer: Please be very Careful when doing this, I am not responsible if damage occurred or information is lost from your phone)

Wipe Cache Partition - Samsung Galaxy S® 5

[Device-Specific Instructions]

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1.Ensure the device is powered off.
Note If the device doesn't respond to input, remove then re-insert the battery.

2.Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the left edge near the top) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).

3.While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.

4.Select wipe cache partition.
Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.

5.Select reboot system now.
Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select

Good luck :)

deejay99

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!!! The cache wipe worked...for now. I've heard it may only work for a little while.

Samsung is the absolute worst. I spoke to 5 different representatives within an hour to try to solve this problem. Only one, Maxine, spoke english, but when she tried to transfer me the call was disconnected.

I STRONLY URGE ANYONE BUYING A FOREIGN COMPANY's PRODUCT LIKE SAMSUNG, YOUR SHOULD ALSO BUY THE PRO PROTECTION PLAN FROM A THIRD PARTY COMPANY. SAMSUNG CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. English is not my first language so I am very sensitive to language barriers. But to be honest, Samsung really needs to provide their representatives with a lot more training on the products and about how to communicate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38