Battery suddenly awful

fandroid18

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why but lately the battery life sucks. I see android system consuming so much. Not sure what to do, the resolution is dimmed and not sure why it's draining so fast.

I also see things take longer like texts and everything seem to take so long.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting? That's the first thing to do, since this kind of behavior is usually temporary.

Otherwise, do this:

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why but lately the battery life sucks. I see android system consuming so much. Not sure what to do, the resolution is dimmed and not sure why it's draining so fast.

I also see things take longer like texts and everything seem to take so long.

Android System high will cause the phone to be awake even when the phone is sleeping. This had happened to me and I tried restarting and it's only a temporary fix. No one knows the answer.

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
If you set your phone to use 4G maybe switch it to 3G. Phones tend to drain quicker in low reception areas, and 4G is usually weaker in most areas. Also you would install wakelock detector to see which apps are preventing the phone from going into low power mode when not being used.

fandroid18

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I did a restart but texts still take a while to go through, screen isn't so responsive and battery sucks lately.

Android system usually over 50%

I could try switching to 3g

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I live in a very rural area and a lot of the time 1x is the only signal available. This causes the phone's Radio to ramp up the transmit power searching for a good 3g/4g signal.

My solution to that was to simply turn the internet off when the phone is not being used.

For that, I use MacroDroid so that I do not have to think about IS the internet ON?
If the phone is awake, then the internet is on.
If the phone is asleep, then the internet is off.

It is now 5 PM and the phone was last charged at 10 PM last night. It currently is showing 82% battery left. I have only had 1 phone call, about 20 text messages, did some Google Searching for info, did quite a bit of reading the news on the local TV sites, and the international news apps. ie, BBC, CNN, Foxnews, USA Today, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa