Galaxy S5 Verizon September Update.

BRUCKHEIMER

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed my phone falling back to 3G more often since the update. Doesn't seem to hold 4G LTE as well. 👎

Change your Mobile Network Mode to Global, if you were already on Global, then choose LTE 2nd option instead and under Global Data Roaming Access, make sure it is set to Allow access for all trip, then reboot your phone. See if that helps you, sometimes I have to use Global, depends on where you’re at.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yea I would do that and see just for the heck of it if there is a new firmware update for both your headsets and a new dashboard update for your car.

Other than that, is everything else running good for you.

The Phone has been great so far on 4.4.4 . Other than the BT issues I've got no complaints . Battery is better too and that was great to begin with .

4mooo

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any problems with their sd card or goole device policy? My phone keeps saying that it does not recognize sd card. I took the card out and connected to pc ok. Even reformatted it. Put it back in phone and works for a short time but then says there is no sd card. For the device policy, it keeps warning me that I need to rescan my fingerprint. I do, then the message goes away for a short time than comes back. I then go to screen lock and remove fingerprint security and readd. Keeps repeating.

4mooo

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Using device policy through work, determined that it does not recognize the fingerprint scanner as strong enough for unlock screen security. When I change from fingerprint to PIN, device policy message goes away. Change from PIN back to fingerprint and the message comes back. This is definitely something between the fingerprint and device policy recognizing each other.

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Also, emojis on the Samsung messaging app are quite laggy for me and do not load. Had to resort to using hangouts

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5, please excuse the brevity.

Same thing is happening to me. It's somewhat odd. The first "category" of emojis (smileys, hearts, etc.) seem to be laggy along with the recently used category. But the other ones seem to be fine. I've been using the keyboard emojis.

Does seem snappier the update. Full charge tonight and I will see how it is tomorrow. Not bad update other than the "emoji" glitch.

blevitt3

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Just updated mine. While I haven't had a chance to see what, if anything, is different, I can confirm that I did not receive the "VZWAVSSERVICE" error message when it started back up.

Finally...that was so annoying!!

Posted via the Android Central App

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
He had an experience that went bad. How is that paranoid ? I'd call it being cautious.

I'd call it being smart. Updates have issues all the time. When a major bug does make it into an update it can be a nightmare because the bug fix needs to go through the Verizon certification process which takes at least a month.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey... I was updated to 4.4.4 and other than the "VZWAVSSERVICE" error message no longer appearing nothing else changed. You said you got visual voicemail. I did to,but it doesn't work. I called my phone from my landline and left a message and it says no voice mail. Also, in settings I set it up to use the automated message using my phone number not the voice greeting that I previously had. It's still using my voice greeting.

I chatted with a useless Verizon Chat rep that basically wasted over an hour of my time.

Is your visual voice mail working on your S5? If so, did you have anything you had to do to get it to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pfffft. Yeah, got my "free trial" of visual voice mail from VZW. I turned down the free trial because I don't want it, but I'm getting it anyway. It garbles the messages so bad that it makes autocorrect look like pure genius. I mean, the three messages I got made literally no sense at all. So,*86 is what I have to dial now, and get a bunch of spam voice mail from VZW about their sexy new service. Whatever. Are they trying to do away with voice mail? Is that the deal?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey... I was updated to 4.4.4 and other than the "VZWAVSSERVICE" error message no longer appearing nothing else changed. You said you got visual voicemail. I did to,but it doesn't work. I called my phone from my landline and left a message and it says no voice mail. Also, in settings I set it up to use the automated message using my phone number not the voice greeting that I previously had. It's still using my voice greeting.

I chatted with a useless Verizon Chat rep that basically wasted over an hour of my time.

Is your visual voice mail working on your S5? If so, did you have anything you had to do to get it to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

What I did with my wife's phone when the voice mail gave me an error after the update is call the regular voicemail set up her response. Got out of it. The went to the visual voicemail again and went the the set up. Denied the free trial, but it will activate the free trial anyway. You will have to go into the settings to stop the free trial. It should work fine after that.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The update to 4.4.4 has made my S5 snappier, no more stuttering when swiping from screen to screen. Apps seem to load a bit faster though that could be my imagination. The update did not fix the music skipping issue for me. My S5 would skip when playing back music using Google Music, Poweramp, or any number of apps. The music would skip over Bluetooth and even when using wired headphones (Poweramp only).

That seems to have finally changed though. There was an update on the 14th that I downloaded this morning and one of the fixes specifically mention Bluetooth audio skipping. I didn't have any issues during my 15 minute commute this morning with Google Music (which I'm fine with using since it has Chromecast integration). Poweramp still skipped but I think that's the program itself. I was about to toss my S5 into the Ohio River and get an HTC One M8 but I think I'll keep it for a while now. No more Bluetooth audio stuttering/skipping.

Ladybugma23

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. It's somewhat odd. The first "category" of emojis (smileys, hearts, etc.) seem to be laggy along with the recently used category. But the other ones seem to be fine. I've been using the keyboard emojis.

Does seem snappier the update. Full charge tonight and I will see how it is tomorrow. Not bad update other than the "emoji" glitch.

Same exact issue here. Let me know if you figure out how to fix it. It is insignificant but it's driving me crazy!

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I got an update last week to 4.4.4, and just got another update today. Not sure what for. Bug fixes maybe. Am I just late on this or is this a new update?

Galaxy S5

Adrock318

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I got an update last week to 4.4.4, and just got another update today. Not sure what for. Bug fixes maybe. Am I just late on this or is this a new update?

Galaxy S5

There have been (2) 4.4.4 updates in the past week and a half. The latest one is to prep your phone for the VOLTE update coming with Android L. See the link below for details. I am still currently having problems with Bluetooth in my car reading the correct song names. Is anyone else having this issue? See my previous post.

support.verizonwireless.com/mobl/features.kb_110458.tp_3.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non