Knox and how to remove it?

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
So I read the Samsung help page that says how to remove Knox. However, I don't see the app on my phone, and I've looked everywhere I can think of. HOWEVER, in one of the settings that I was poking around in, there was a Knox warranty listing of 0x0, which leads me to believe that it's somewhere on the phone, but now it's hidden.

Thoughts?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So I read the Samsung help page that says how to remove Knox. However, I don't see the app on my phone, and I've looked everywhere I can think of. HOWEVER, in one of the settings that I was poking around in, there was a Knox warranty listing of 0x0, which leads me to believe that it's somewhere on the phone, but now it's hidden.

Thoughts?

You can remove Knox on the software side, you need to be rooted.

You can't remove Knox on the hardware side.

Posted via Android Central App

krisventure

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Then **** Knox. Because we still need the USB debug mode for development. And if you fall victim to the trick of installing this useless app you can't develop on your phone (only if you pay for upgrading to some Premium version! I mean, you need to pay to re-enable an option that was freely available before you installed the app!). Uninstalling or disabling isn't possible on the latest models, only if you root your phone (which isn't the first I want to do with a legally purchased device with warrant on it). So the only option left: Factory Reset. Good job Samsung + Knox! As of 2016 May at least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87