WiFi calling for At&T???

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have tried T Mobile's WiFi calling and it works really well. I'm not so sure their service where I live will be as good as At&T's though. Does anyone know if AT&T plans on using WiFi calling? If so, any idea when that will be...months, years if at all?

Thanks in advance.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The did mention something in one of the posts here not too long ago that they don't plan on implementing WiFi calling until 2015 but no specific time when.

Boom! From My S5

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Eventually, all of the major carriers are going to utilize WiFi calling. It's much cheaper for them to have you use WiFi than their bandwidth, so they'll be glad to charge you the same amount for your plan, provide this service to you, and have you use your local network to make a call.

AT&T hasn't officially said that they will start doing WiFi calling yet, but they will soon enough. But really, you don't have to wait for AT&T to make WiFi calls. You can do it right now. You can download Google Hangouts onto your phone and start making WiFi calls today.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Eventually, all of the major carriers are going to utilize WiFi calling. It's much cheaper for them to have you use WiFi than their bandwidth, so they'll be glad to charge you the same amount for your plan, provide this service to you, and have you use your local network to make a call.

AT&T hasn't officially said that they will start doing WiFi calling yet, but they will soon enough. But really, you don't have to wait for AT&T to make WiFi calls. You can do it right now. You can download Google Hangouts onto your phone and start making WiFi

That's awesome! I had no idea

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I will give it a try. I think the party you are calling has to have Hangouts installed on their phone, correct?
Thanks again!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T hasn't officially said that they will start doing WiFi calling yet, but they will soon enough. But really, you don't have to wait for AT&T to make WiFi calls. You can do it right now. You can download Google Hangouts onto your phone and start making WiFi calls today.

Actually AT&T has officially confirmed they're going to do WiFi calling .. Just not an exact time frame on when it will be completed :).

AT&T not in a rush, will offer Wi-Fi calling in 2015 | Android Central

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I will give it a try. I think the party you are calling has to have Hangouts installed on their phone, correct?
Thanks again!

Nope. You can call anyone. Download Hangouts, and then download the "Hangouts Dialer". I'm still messing around with it, but I've been able to call anyone, whether its a cell phone, a land line, or a business.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty