06-17-2017 04:36 PM
37 12
tools
    To put it bluntly, I took a stupid photo of my boyfriend naked sometime ago for a joke and Picasa has backed up it on my account/phone . Even through changing from an S4 to an S5, I still haven't been able to get rid of the offending photos.

The photos appear in a folder called 'Picasa' in the gallery section of my S5. There's no option to select and delete them. They don't appear in my Google+ account on my photo or PC. Other photos are saved in the Picasa folder on the S5 and they do appear on Google+ on my account.

It's confusing the heck out of me. I've even tried downloading Picasa on my PC and moving the photos from phone to PC.

Backing up photos is a great idea (I had a memory card go bad years ago and lost my holiday photos) but having some photos showing in one place and other photos in another place makes me want to tear my hair out. I like to keep everything in the same place and organise them into folders myself.

Please help me. I don't want the BF's buttocks on my photos forever incase anyone accidentially sees them.

Thanks
    11-08-2014 06:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You're certain it's not anywhere in your Google+ Photos albums on the web? Can you find it on your Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon)? If so, delete it there--Photos allows you to delete photos in the cloud, while the Gallery app generally doesn't.

Once you're sure the photo is not in your Google+ Photos in the cloud, go to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, and wait a few seconds for the Gallery database to repopulate. Your boyfriend's bum should be gone.
    11-08-2014 06:18 PM
    I had a problem deleting an album labeled "Picasa" I tried following the above instructions but that didn't work for me. While fumbling around in my frustration, I stumbled on a solution. I went into Gallery, selected the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then went to "Content to Display" and saw that "Content in Picasa" was ticked. I unticked it and the photos went away. Good luck.
    12-29-2014 06:44 PM
    Oh! That was easy!!! Thanks!
    01-13-2015 03:23 PM
    I tried your solution...it worked great but........How do I get it back? My fault for not thinking ahead!! I am not wanting the entire gallery to dissapear, I just want to clean out several of my individual pictures and your solution makes the entire gallery dissappear. I cannot figure out how to get the gallery to "re-appear." Even when I go to "settings" under Albums it does not allow me to re-add. Does anyone know how to get it back on the S5??
    01-14-2015 05:15 PM
    I am aware that i can choose to "Hide" that album..but how can i delete it entirely. .ive tried looking for those pics on my cloud..google + ....etc
    Help i want to delete those pics..bad memories of past relationship.
    04-06-2015 01:25 AM
    I found this youtube video and it works, picasa is gone from my Galaxy 5. Just remember, this stops the automatic backup of your photos to Google + so you'll have to use another method to be sure you don't lose them in the event of a crash and burn of the memory card in your phone.
    Julie Mould likes this.
    04-06-2015 10:44 AM
    It wont me delete the photos i try everything can u please help
    04-16-2015 11:29 PM
    This is EXACTLY what the issue is. Photos I had emailed a few years back with gmail showed up in my Picasa album automatically. Deselecting Picasa photos under Content to Display was the exact solution. I've seen many others with this question online, so hopefully they all stumble across this.... but now how to delete those photos in general... I have no idea
    04-20-2015 12:38 PM
    Thank you for the tip. Worked like a charm.
    05-08-2015 09:51 PM
    This helped me. But how to return the synced photo?
    05-22-2015 06:25 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the Gallery not syncing up with your cloud photos again?
    05-22-2015 10:15 AM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for these instructions, I was about to throw my phone on the ground to get rid of that stupid Picasa album. <3
    Paul Brush likes this.
    06-19-2015 07:11 PM
    I had a problem deleting an album labeled "Picasa" I tried following the above instructions but that didn't work for me. While fumbling around in my frustration, I stumbled on a solution. I went into Gallery, selected the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then went to "Content to Display" and saw that "Content in Picasa" was ticked. I unticked it and the photos went away. Good luck.
    Thx so much , it worked and it was easier than i thought
    06-25-2015 10:41 AM
    How do I get rid of pictures from Google+ that downloaded to my tablet automatically? I didn't realize they were even there until I was looking at thinags I took screen shots of and I don't want them at all. I had deleted them over a year ago and here they are. Please help me get rid of them for good. They are also on my phone
    06-28-2015 08:38 PM
    I want delete some photos
    08-28-2015 10:29 AM
    Dude! You are awesome! I've been trying to delete Picasa forever (it seems)... This worked like a charm! Thank you!
    09-06-2015 09:31 PM
    I have tried all the suggestions on here. My pics are still in the cloud. Is there a way to delete them all?
    09-19-2015 11:21 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion. Worked for me
    09-27-2015 06:58 AM
    Thank you but all the option does is just hide it - They are still there if you set the option again. I've tried that, downloaded the Picasa App from Google and deleted all the pictures from there, Turned off every DAMN app the synch's to the cloud and they are still there. Something is amiss!!!!!

I think they have a rogue App and your pictures are going to be out there FOREVER!!!!
    09-29-2015 06:24 PM
    I've been wondering what the Picasa Album was on my phone and how i could get rid of it. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one that had the same problem. There are like 1000 plus pictures there!
    09-30-2015 12:09 AM
    Hey am having same problem...kind of...
    I don't have any offending photos I want to get rid of... the photos from my s4 where moved to my s5 (over 1000 of them) as well am just wanting to securely move all my photos to my Google photo cloud safely and keep them there because I haven't gotten round to printing a lot of them off yet (I am a mother, I don't want to loose all my kids pics) but I do want them off my phone to free up much needed space.
    Anyone know how to do that?
    10-27-2015 05:57 PM
    OMG....that was soooo easy! Thanks so much....have spent hours trying to figure it out. Are they just hidden.....what if you want to delete them permanently? I haven't found any app for Picasa....what is it part of?
    11-23-2015 04:07 PM
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Your advice was well taken & it worked!
    12-11-2015 01:46 PM
    If you are trying to free up space on your phones memory, this will not work as you are only hiding the folder correct?

This is EXACTLY what the issue is. Photos I had emailed a few years back with gmail showed up in my Picasa album automatically. Deselecting Picasa photos under Content to Display was the exact solution. I've seen many others with this question online, so hopefully they all stumble across this.... but now how to delete those photos in general... I have no idea
    12-12-2015 09:14 AM
37 12