Why Can't I Delete Picasa Photos from my Samsung Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

To put it bluntly, I took a stupid photo of my boyfriend naked sometime ago for a joke and Picasa has backed up it on my account/phone . Even through changing from an S4 to an S5, I still haven't been able to get rid of the offending photos.

The photos appear in a folder called 'Picasa' in the gallery section of my S5. There's no option to select and delete them. They don't appear in my Google+ account on my photo or PC. Other photos are saved in the Picasa folder on the S5 and they do appear on Google+ on my account.

It's confusing the heck out of me. I've even tried downloading Picasa on my PC and moving the photos from phone to PC.

Backing up photos is a great idea (I had a memory card go bad years ago and lost my holiday photos) but having some photos showing in one place and other photos in another place makes me want to tear my hair out. I like to keep everything in the same place and organise them into folders myself.

Please help me. I don't want the BF's buttocks on my photos forever incase anyone accidentially sees them.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're certain it's not anywhere in your Google+ Photos albums on the web? Can you find it on your Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon)? If so, delete it there--Photos allows you to delete photos in the cloud, while the Gallery app generally doesn't.

Once you're sure the photo is not in your Google+ Photos in the cloud, go to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, and wait a few seconds for the Gallery database to repopulate. Your boyfriend's bum should be gone.;)

memii4447

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I had a problem deleting an album labeled "Picasa" I tried following the above instructions but that didn't work for me. While fumbling around in my frustration, I stumbled on a solution. I went into Gallery, selected the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then went to "Content to Display" and saw that "Content in Picasa" was ticked. I unticked it and the photos went away. Good luck.

BoomerSooner1

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I tried your solution...it worked great but........How do I get it back? My fault for not thinking ahead!! I am not wanting the entire gallery to dissapear, I just want to clean out several of my individual pictures and your solution makes the entire gallery dissappear. I cannot figure out how to get the gallery to "re-appear." Even when I go to "settings" under Albums it does not allow me to re-add. Does anyone know how to get it back on the S5??

Lexa May

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I am aware that i can choose to "Hide" that album..but how can i delete it entirely. .ive tried looking for those pics on my cloud..google + ....etc
Help i want to delete those pics..bad memories of past relationship.

JSparrow1

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I found this youtube video and it works, picasa is gone from my Galaxy 5. Just remember, this stops the automatic backup of your photos to Google + so you'll have to use another method to be sure you don't lose them in the event of a crash and burn of the memory card in your phone.

greweba

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
This is EXACTLY what the issue is. Photos I had emailed a few years back with gmail showed up in my Picasa album automatically. Deselecting Picasa photos under Content to Display was the exact solution. I've seen many others with this question online, so hopefully they all stumble across this.... but now how to delete those photos in general... I have no idea

sireeno

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem deleting an album labeled "Picasa" I tried following the above instructions but that didn't work for me. While fumbling around in my frustration, I stumbled on a solution. I went into Gallery, selected the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then went to "Content to Display" and saw that "Content in Picasa" was ticked. I unticked it and the photos went away. Good luck.

Thx so much , it worked and it was easier than i thought

Jennifer Hardesty

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
How do I get rid of pictures from Google+ that downloaded to my tablet automatically? I didn't realize they were even there until I was looking at thinags I took screen shots of and I don't want them at all. I had deleted them over a year ago and here they are. Please help me get rid of them for good. They are also on my phone

Jimmy1222

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you but all the option does is just hide it - They are still there if you set the option again. I've tried that, downloaded the Picasa App from Google and deleted all the pictures from there, Turned off every DAMN app the synch's to the cloud and they are still there. Something is amiss!!!!!

I think they have a rogue App and your pictures are going to be out there FOREVER!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante