I have a two day old galaxy s5 and my camera focus isn't working, any suggestions and/or solutions?

Marcus Curry1

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Its a brand new phone. I have reset all the camera settings and I'm still having the same problem. Phone has never dropped or cracked at all. Also the autofocus isn't working. It starts as the grey circle and then it just goes away it never focuses.

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Were any updates loaded OTA after you got the phone? Try wiping the cache partition. If that doesn't work do a factory reset. And if that doesn't work, well you may have a bad camera sensor and you should bring it back and get a new one. Let us know how it goes

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Open the camera app and tap the settings wheel in the upper left. Scroll down to reset settings. Once done open the app drawer in the lower right of your home screen and look for settings. Scroll down to Application manager and scrool across to all. Find the camera app and clear the cashe.
If this does not fix the problem then return it for an exchange..

Teemu Oinio

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I have exatcly the same problem. My phone is one day old and the focus is not working at all. Only if you take photo from 10 centimeters away, it will focus.

boobyoung1

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I have had an s5 for about 5 months now. Around thanksgiving I did a samsung update that my phone bugged me to do for days and since then the green/red focal point in the camera is gone! I refreshed camera cache, factory reset my device,still same problemI called samsung, explained the problem. They were unaware of such thing. They had me send it to repair. I recieved it back a few days later and the invoice stated they replaced the lcd,the front/back cameras and the sensors. (All free) So I turned the phone on. Went straight to camera mode and STILL the problem persists! What do I do now?