Why am I having difficulty with connecting my battery charger to my S5?

ronin425

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
difficulty with connecting battery charger to S5

i have a real hard time connecting the battery charger cable jack to the S5. is there a trick to this or what. i don't want to end up damaging the port or any other part of the S5. any feedback welcome......

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: difficulty with connecting battery charger to S5

Welcome to Android Central! Does it seem really tight? Or is it just hard to line things up, with such a small plug? Finicky microUSB ports and plugs is one of the main reasons why wireless charging is such a nice option.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Look at the end of the plug. Look into the port on the phone. You'll see that one side is longer than the other on each. Make sure you aren't trying to put the plug in upside down.

I agree with wireless charging. (And wireless data transfer and anything else you can do without using the microUSB port. It was about the worst connector the industry could have chosen.)

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

If you're talking about the 3.0 charger that comes with the phone then, yes, it is a pain to insert. Seems to charge my S5 very quickly though, so I continue using it. You can use a regular 2.0 charger if too much of a hassle.