Google Store question

TextMeMaybe

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
The movie Lord of the Rings is available for free in the Google Store. So I figured, why not. Yet when I go to add to library, it asks me to select a payment method. For something that is free? Is there anyway around it? I don't want to enter my credit card. I don't have any Google Play gift cards.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
yep, in the lower left corner, is a hot button labeled "SKIP it"

I use it all the time.... they do NOT need my financial information, and they are NOT going to get it.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
just for Sh*ts and grins, I opened Play Store on my S5, typed in Lord of the Rings and hit Install.
It just simply installed it, never asked me for anything.

Now, I have to uninstall the darned thing, I never play games, a waste of my time.... don't let my wife hear me say that though. ah, she knows it already.... :)

Now that I think about it, my S5 has a Registered Payment Account.

On my Wife's S5, it does not have a registered account.

on her phone just now, I did the same thing, it brought up "the fellowship $12.99/free".
Hit continue and it brought up a page to

• Add cred/debit card
  • Add PayPal
  • Enable Verizon wireless billing
  • Redeem

I did not go any further than that, I am not going to register her phone for any pay account. but if she ever wants it, guess we will have to do that.

joshua krempasky

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I believe he was speaking of the movie on the store, not the app. But I do not have an option to skip the payment either. I have two cents in my play account so I can make free purchases:)

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress