Keep mobile data off

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Canada for the holidays and to avoid the stupid roaming notices, I've turned mobile data off. Except that the phone keeps turning it back on. . This is VERY annoying! Any ideas on how to make it stay off?

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Within the mobile data settings, you can turn off roaming. Are you certain it is turning mobile data back on, or is it just the notices? Here in Southern CA near the Mexican border, those roaming notices come through the cellular phone network via text, not the mobile data network.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
macroDroid will make darn sure it stays off if that is what you want, and I can understand you needing that feature.

install MD => * MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Make two macros:

Trigger: Screen On/Off (select ON)
Action: Mobile Data On/Off (select OFF)
right arrow
right arrow
Name it something useful: Scrn ON, Data Off (or whatever you like)

hit the Plus sign again
Trigger: Screen On/Off (select OFF)
Action: Mobile Data On/Off (select OFF)
right arrow
right arrow
name it : Scrn Off, Data Off

Those two macros will ensure that the Data is always OFF until you disable those two macros.

MacroDroid is extremely powerful, I have 12 macros running on my phone.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You can edit each individual macro independently, or you can just turn off the one macro that you think might be causing the problem.

If you were already using it to "turn on the radios" as I do, then you/I would need to turn OFF the macro that turns the data ON.

That way, every time you closed the screen, the data would be turned OFF.
the macro that turns data ON would not be activated, therefore, data would stay OFF.

Unless of course, you did it manually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez