Why does the audio keep playing but the video stops and the image is frozen in recorded videos?

arongkatz

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Audio keeps playing, Video stops and image is frozen in recorded videos

Didnt notice that every video I record after my last update , can only record audio and video the first minute or less and then for some reason playback stops but you can still listen to audio. This has happened to all my recorded videos.

Read somewhere on the internet that you have to delete DATA and clear CACHE on the Camera app, have not recorded any video since then, but will try to see if this helps. ANyone else has run in the same problem??Any fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Audio keeps playing, Video stops and image is frozen in recorded videos

Welcome to Android Central! Are the videos saving to the Internal Storage or the SD Card? Videos on the SD card tend to get corrupted more easily.

arongkatz

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Are the videos saving to the Internal Storage or the SD Card? Videos on the SD card tend to get corrupted more easily.

They are all being saved to the sd card. This didnt use to happen before, when I used the phone right out of the box

arongkatz

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Already tried saving to internal SD and same results.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

SD cards can fail or get corrupted, so it's worth trying a different card, or see what happens if you save the videos directly to Internal Storage.

EDIT--sorry, I think I posted this at the same time as your last post.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

OK, last thing I can think of before contacting your wireless store or Samsung for repair or replacement--boot into Safe Mode. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then there's some problem with the firmware or hardware. I suppose you could try a factory reset at that point as well. Steps for Safe Mode are also in that link.

arongkatz

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

OK, last thing I can think of before contacting your wireless store or Samsung for repair or replacement--boot into Safe Mode. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then there's some problem with the firmware or hardware. I suppose you could try a factory reset at that point as well. Steps for Safe Mode are also in that link.

Went to SAFE MODE...and yes, still happening, will Factory Reset and come back with results later

Thank you so much for your time!!

arongkatz

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Did Factory System Restore, and now no more lag !! Thanks so much again!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for the hassle of the factory reset, but glad to hear it's back to normal!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Muha Suleiman

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem when I watch an ime are. . 2 -4 min it stops but the audio keeps going .. and when I factory reset my phone its gone and then like 1-5 days it comes back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez