Google Search Widget Changed Color

Beerbon

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
So I woke up this morning and noticed the Google search widget had changed itself from a smoke colored transparent look to a solid white look. I've done nothing that would alter this and I don't even think it can be changed by the user. What in the world? Did it update itself and this is part of the update? It looks horrific.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I think it was part of an update. I don't have the search bar on any of my honescreens, so I never noticed.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I looked at both widgets on my phone and they are still grey...

but, I have AutoUpdates turned OFF....

if ain't broke, don't be fixing it.... turn updates off.

Beerbon

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
After looking at the application on Google Play, it has become apparent that it was indeed part of an update. Something else that became evident to me: the thing is constantly listening under the guise of listening for the term, "OK, Google." Apparently it was always doing this even before the update, the update just made it obvious to me. Ridiculous.

Turned off auto updates as per recommendation.

BadBoyBri

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the same thing! I have a GS5. I changed the Google Search Bar to the translucent search bar, so I could see my wallpaper. But the "Ok Google" part has ALWAYS been there. The existing widgets on phone look like they're translucent, but when you put them on the wallpaper, you will see it's white.

Turning off Auto-Updates doesnt help now, cause the DAMAGE is ALREADY Done!! :-(

Does anyone know how to change the color, or download a new widget? I've tried to call Google, but can't get through.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-07-08-22-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-07-08-22-36.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 27

joshua krempasky

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
If you use a custom launcher, like Nova Launcher, you have the option to change that search bar style anywhere between gingerbread and lolipop as far as I know. It is available in the free version as well.

Posted via my whatever device I happen to be on at that moment

BadBoyBri

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
No, I'm using factory installed software. I haven't done anything Geeky at all! I dont remember EXACTLY what I did, but it was Very Simple. I also changed the search bars on my two Galaxy Tab 3's, and they're still the same. The Google Search Bar is just an outline of a clear rectangle.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My search bar has gone back to being transparent instead of solid white. Did anyone else's go back to the previous shade?