Italics

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to change the typeface to italics. I'm using swiftkey for email and messages. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean the text you're sending? If you're using the stock E-Mail app, there should be a text-formatting bar at the top of the message (as long as you're not replying to a non-HTML e-mail, in that case you're only sending plain text). There you can choose text size, format, color, etc., including bold and italics.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I'm using MAILBOX for email but I thought I might bypass MAILBOX for text and use SWIFTKEY for the format of text. I'd like to be able to do it with TEXTRA also. Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I still don't really understand what it is that you're trying to accomplish here... Swiftkey is just a keyboard, it doesn't format text, and although the app you use might allow you to choose the text appearance (again, depends on the app), SMS texting does not support text formatting.

For e-mail, most apps allow you to format the text your sending (with Italics, for instance) because e-mail messages (HTML or Rich Format ones, at least) do support text formatting.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Didn't mean to confuse you on this issue. I'm not interested in formatting the text for SMS. I'm using. MAILBOX for email and it doesn't have formatting. I thought I would work around the problem.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ooooh, OK. Sorry I got mixed up. Unfortunately, yes, Mailbox has very limited features, so if you want to format your message body for e-mail, you'll need to look for another app. The stock one is capable of this. The GMail app, unfortunately, doesn't seem to support formatting either :(

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I thought so. I'll wait for MAILBOX to add it as a feature in email. Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress