How to sync Samsung calender on smartphone & tablet

VICNLYN

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello AC fans!

Need your help!!! I often use the Samsung calender on my S5. But, for some reason when I open the Samsung calender on my Note 10.1 tablet to view the entries I did thru my S5, nothing appears!!! I try hitting the sync button every time I enter something on my S5 calender, assuming my tablet calender will get updated too, but nope!!! I have no problems with the goggle calender, but with the Samsung calender I do. How can I view on my tablet Samsung calender what I enter on my S5 calender???

Hope I made sense, any help is welcome :-\

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure your S5 events are stored in your Samsung Calendar (and that it's getting synced to the server)? If your events are being saved to DEVICE, then they're NOT being stored in the cloud, they only reside in your phone.

VICNLYN

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, then what are the steps to store the events in the cloud?? It makes sense that I'm probably saving all my calender events on the device, that is why I can't view them in my tablet...

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If you're using the local calendar on your S5, that won't sync with other devices. To sync with other devices, you need Samsung or a Google Calendar, or any other calendars set up. I use my local calendar for events related to work, that I don't need showing on my Note 8. To sync your Samsung calendar, make sure you're signed in on both devices with your Samsung account

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When creating an event you should select a Cloud-based calendar, like Samsung or Google. If you select DEVICE when creating it, it goes to the phone only and it's not backed up anywhere else (unless you use Kies, then you can back it up to your PC).

VICNLYN

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys! Will try as soon as I get home from work. FYI..just bought Tab 4 10.1 tablet for my princess, she love's it!!! She use to have the Nexus 6 2012, now she join the Samsung club, well we pretty much have everything at home that's Samsung... TV, Cable Box, tablets, phones, pretty cool!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I also enjoy my Samsung devices...they work really well together. And if you have a TV that supports it, you can even 'stream' whatever is on your TV directly to your tablet, which is awesome for when you don't want to miss a thing but you really have to go...err...elsewhere hehe