Lollipop has pretty much bricked my s5

marysaturn

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Everything is laggy and some of the apps don't even work. It has pretty much ruined my life. The battery dies in about half the time it used to as well.

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I know it's not what people want to hear, but if you upgraded from KK, you need to factory reset to get rid of the majority of bugs

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
hes right i am using lollipop and its good,fast and has good battery maybe faster drain in battery tho :p but factory reset is to clear junk from KK

Posted via the Android Central App

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I had no issues after the initial update. There was a second update for about 250mb after that major lollipop update for me (on Telus in Canada).

Haven't had any issues. Just did a factory reset today to clean the crap and start fresh.

Hope a factory reset works for you!

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade back to Kit kat. Instructions are in a sticky. Easy, fast and your s5 will work as intended.

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes that one I have that update too it's 250mb like you said but while I was upgrading it said update failed go to kies blah blah blah then I went to check software update but it says the latest update has been installed so any fix or what should I do

Last edited:

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I totally recommend clearing the cache partition and then immediately follow it with a factory reset - don't even boot it up in between. I could barely use my phone because of this update but after doing that I think my phone is running better than before. Just make sure to back everything up first.. and when you're restoring the apps, only choose a few that you really need at first.. I was despondent about my phone but it is a million times better now. (A few weeks ago I did the cache partition thing first, then when that didn't help did the factory reset a few days later, phone stayed barely operable. When I did the two things together in immediate succession it made all the difference!)