Why does Use touchwiz as home keeps popping up, even after I hit always on Galaxy S5?

kickincox17

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
"Use touchwiz as home" keeps popping up, even after I hit "always" on galaxy s5

Ever since I did the lollipop update, "use touchwiz as home" keeps popping up whenever I hit the home button. I have checked it in my default applications too & it didn't help. This lollipop update....I am not impressed. Any ideas? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Use touchwiz as home" keeps popping up, even after I hit "always" on galaxy s5

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any other 3rd party launchers installed?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Use touchwiz as home" keeps popping up, even after I hit "always" on galaxy s5

Ever since I did the lollipop update, "use touchwiz as home" keeps popping up whenever I hit the home button. I have checked it in my default applications too & it didn't help. This lollipop update....I am not impressed. Any ideas? Thanks.

Try clearing the data from the TouchWiz Home launcher. It will reset your home screens so if you don't want that to happen then don't do it. It could solve your problem thuogh.

Settings, Application Manager, All, TrouchWiz Home launcher, hit clear data.

allieebee

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

I have the same exact problem. I have tried clearing cache and resetting my homescreen (which took forever) and the problem still persists. Someone please help!!

allieebee

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

i fixed this problem thanks to another post in another thread.

go into your "Default Application" and see what you have listed under "Homepage".

If you have anything OTHER than Touchwiz, delete the app. I had Hotmail Connect, and as soon as i deleted the app, my Touchwiz was fixed.

Hope this helps!

idrees05

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Finally! This solution is what actually worked out. Thanks allieebee.
Make sure to DELETE the app and the prob should fix.

Tman Samsung

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Ok so all other solutions ended up being temporary but here is one I found this and so far it has worked perfectly and my Home button is so fast again, just flies back to the home page:

You have the wipe the cache of your phone, not the apps.

"As first thing, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5/S5 Active by long pressing on the Power On / Off button. After the phone is complete off,you need the following key combination to boot the smartphone:

Press and hold:

• Power On / Off

• Volume up

• Home-Button

If the Samsung Galaxy S5 vibrates once, release the Power On/ Off button but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed until a boot menu appears on the display.

Now mark the entry "Wipe Cache partition" with the volume quieter button. With the Power On / Off button confirm that procedure. This function takes only a few seconds. Then the previously displayed menu reappears. Now select the first entry with "reboot system now" and run the command again with a press of the Power button. Your Samsung Galaxy S5 will now reboot and start your Android OS.

Done!" Enjoy!

DonnaEM

May 13, 2015
Visit site

go into your "Default Application" and see what you have listed under "Homepage".

If you have anything OTHER than Touchwiz, delete the app. I had Hotmail Connect, and as soon as i deleted the app, my Touchwiz was fixed.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! Thank you! It works so far! So glad to have my home button back!

Last edited by a moderator:

Badkitty Cat

May 18, 2015
Visit site

Hope this helps!

After battling this annoying problem for weeks, this worked for me!! Thank you! I can finally enjoy using my phone again!

Gregory Arthur

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
It worked for about 5 minutes, now I'm back to the 'TOUCHWHIZ' or GOOGLE NOW , launcher "just once or always" option. NOTHING has worked! I tried EVERY suggestion in here as well as several other suggestion and NOTHING has permanently fixed the problem. Any time I have an app open, and press the home button, the pop up still forces me to select "JUST ONCE or ALWAYS", doesn't matter if I'm using the Touchwiz or Google now launcher. H E L P! IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, You should be working for US Cellular. I'm hoping this fixes the problem long term. I deleted the hotmail option. So far so good. thank you. I've had weeks of frustration and hours of talk time with tech support. Not once did they mention this simple fix.

Gregory Arthur

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I deleted NUMEROUS apps in desperation, but not a Hotmail app. FINALLY, the touchwiz has stopped.. I wish I could tell you which app it was, but I have no idea as I deleted/stopped/removed updates, on at least 10 apps...

lost_flamingo

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

I think this finally worked for me. For some reason it had Hotmail under one of the Default selections. I removed the Hotmail app from my phone completely and my home button now seems to be working for me so far. This has been driving me crazy for over a month.

Thank you for the help!

Kelzkelz

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
omg this popped up for me out of nowhere after trying to change my wallpaper. Im so annoyed-I tried the first set of instructions about clearing cache I think it was and it wiped all my apps and saved web shortcuts etc!

Going into the default application and checking the home settings or whatever it was (as you can tell Im not very tech minded) and it had android systems so I didnt delete but just made the touchwiz my home setting and so far that has seemed to have worked so thank you!

I so wish I had of seen your response before I did the other thing-Im so frustrated!

Anyhoo.....thanks again :):)

michelle-burns

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Ugh! Well, did this and while touchwiz does not pop up when I hit the back button, what it did do is wipe my 3 screens down to the original 2. My home screen has changed and all my folders and icons are erased. I didn't want to reset the phone to original, I simply wanted that stupid touchwiz to stop popping up every time I hit the back button..... Now, I have a lot of work ahead of me ugh!

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Ok so all other solutions ended up being temporary but here is one I found this and so far it has worked perfectly and my Home button is so fast again, just flies back to the home page:

You have the wipe the cache of your phone, not the apps.

"As first thing, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5/S5 Active by long pressing on the Power On / Off button. After the phone is complete off,you need the following key combination to boot the smartphone:

Press and hold:

• Power On / Off

• Volume up

• Home-Button

If the Samsung Galaxy S5 vibrates once, release the Power On/ Off button but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed until a boot menu appears on the display.

Now mark the entry "Wipe Cache partition" with the volume quieter button. With the Power On / Off button confirm that procedure. This function takes only a few seconds. Then the previously displayed menu reappears. Now select the first entry with "reboot system now" and run the command again with a press of the Power button. Your Samsung Galaxy S5 will now reboot and start your Android OS.

Done!" Enjoy!

This worked out perfectly for me!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty