How to stop keyboard from always being up on Password lockscreen?

A

AC Question

How to stop keyboard from always being up on "Password" lockscreen

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. It's encrypted so the only option I have for lock screen is a password one, which is fine. However this means that whenever I wake the phone up the keyboard is already up on the lock screen. What I mean is that the cursor is flashing in the space where I type the password, so automatically this brings the keyboard up. If I hit back the keyboard disappears, but if the screen goes off and I turn it back on again the keyboard is back up. It's really annoying because it makes the lock screen look tacky having a giant keyboard taking up half the screen, it cuts off the picture of my family I'm using and it covers some of the widgets.

Now I can't change to something besides a password because when the phone is encrypted it seems password is the only choice, which is fine, and the phone has to be encrypted as per my company rules since I use it for work. I've already tried installing a different keyboard and that didn't work. The device is running 4.4.2 and is rooted. I really don't want to use any lock screen besides the stock one because it's a work phone and I'm not supposed to use a different lock screen (for some reason the company doesn't like non-stock ones, no idea why). If anyone needs a screen shot to see what I'm talking about I'll post one. How do I make it so the keyboard isn't automatically up on the lock screen when I wake up the screen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45