Voice unlock comes to Lollipop

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
One of the features that Samsung have quietly introduced to the latest release of Lollipop is the ability to unlock your phone with your voice... Trusted Voice.

This joins Trusted devices, Trusted places and On-body detection.

To enable, you will need to set first a PIN number in... Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Lock > PIN (see screenshot)

Now you will need to go to... Settings > Security > Smart Lock > (enter your PIN) > Trusted voice > turn Trusted voice ON. See screenshot.

(N.B. This only works with the English (United States) language currently. Go to Settings > Language and input and change your language if needed.)

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the G900A (AT&T). After setting up a pin number in the G900A, go to Settings > Security > Trust agents to turn on Smart Lock. Once Smart Lock has been turned on, it will then show up in Settings > Security in the Advanced section. Tap on Smart Lock, confirm your pin number, and then you will be able to turn on Trusted Voice.

Noah Armstrong

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the G900A (AT&T). After setting up a pin number in the G900A, go to Settings > Security > Trust agents to turn on Smart Lock. Once Smart Lock has been turned on, it will then show up in Settings > Security in the Advanced section. Tap on Smart Lock, confirm your pin number, and then you will be able to turn on Trusted Voice.

It works with fingerprint as well.

Ole Man Dan

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
At least you guys have Lollipop. Not sure when Verizon will update the Droid Max.
Can't really complain, I bought the Max for it's battery life. I get two days on a charge, and it's a reliable phone.
I live in the mountains and Verizon works better than the others at my local.

Paul Ryder

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
It's on HTC One M8 also, with L5.0.1 - has been for a while I think. Trusted voice works for US English (oh the irony...) and on body detection is a bit pants.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
As it has no way to determine exactly whose body it's on, I don't use the on body detection feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

jljecj

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I can get all features to turn on except trusted voice. When I touch that it does nothing is there another prerequisite app to be enabled for it to function?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I can get all features to turn on except trusted voice. When I touch that it does nothing is there another prerequisite app to be enabled for it to function?

Hello and welcome to Android Central jljecj

If you are on AT&T, see Lillybell2's post #7, above. No extra apps needed.

jljecj

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Thank you ironass but I am on verizon. Maybe this is not enabled for their model? Getting to the menu is not a problem. I find the trusted voice setting. When I click on that nothing opens.

Last edited:

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm also on Verizon and it doesn't work for me either. My trusted places works great though. I'm wondering if Verizon disabled it.

Posted via Android Central App