How do I restore contacts and apps on my Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

How to restore contacts and apps on galaxy s5

I just restored my galaxy s5 because of the lollipop update and i had everything backed up to my google account how do i get everything back onto my phone now.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to restore contacts and apps on galaxy s5

If you had done:
Settings > Backup & restore > Backup my data
...then you can do:
Settings > Backup & restore > Automatic restore
...and your apps will reinstall, WiFi settings and some other stuff is restored.

Go to:
Settings > Accounts > Google > select account
...and enabled sync for contacts, calendar, email etc and they will sync back to the phone.

Photos, music, documents etc must be restored manually or been backed up with an app such ad Helium or MyBackup. Same for SMS/MMS, they are not saved to your Google account.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Greekboy72

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: How to restore contacts and apps on galaxy s5

If you had done:
Settings > Backup & restore > Backup my data
...then you can do:
Settings > Backup & restore > Automatic restore
...and your apps will reinstall, WiFi settings and some other stuff is restored.

Go to:
Settings > Accounts > Google > select account
...and enabled sync for contacts, calendar, email etc and they will sync back to the phone.

Photos, music, documents etc must be restored manually or been backed up with an app such ad Helium or MyBackup. Same for SMS/MMS, they are not saved to your Google account.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Negative, I had/hav S6 and Back Up was set, check in the box Auto Restore, I could go into my account and view all 300+ usernames and passwords, e-mail was backing up, app data, etc. etc. NOT ONE APP OR ONE PASSWORD GOT RESTORED !!!
NOT EVEN WHEN INSTALLING EACH APP INDIVIDUALLY !!! All contacts did, but don't rely on GOOGLE or ANDROID for **** !!!

GET A 3RD PARTY APP, OR YOU WILL REGRET IT !!!

GOOGLE IS A **** SCAMMING ENTITY !!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to restore contacts and apps on galaxy s5 Ki

Negative, I had/hav S6 and Back Up was set, check in the box Auto Restore, I could go into my account and view all 300+ usernames and passwords, e-mail was backing up, app data, etc. etc. NOT ONE APP OR ONE PASSWORD GOT RESTORED !!!
NOT EVEN WHEN INSTALLING EACH APP INDIVIDUALLY !!! All contacts did, but don't rely on GOOGLE or ANDROID for **** !!!

GET A 3RD PARTY APP, OR YOU WILL REGRET IT !!!

GOOGLE IS A **** SCAMMING ENTITY !!!

Welcome to AC.

Crashdamage is a deceased and much-missed member, so I doubt you will get a reply from him. Nevertheless, I think his advice was sound.
There are of course other ways of doing it, as you say.

Sent from mTalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non