No one can hear me during phone calls since Lollipop update

Rapid99APB

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Been having a rather frustrating issue since I updated to Lollipop 5.0

For some reason or another, since the update, when I make or receive phone calls, no one can hear me on the other end unless I am on speakerphone. If I switch it to speaker, they can hear me. Or, if I scream into the mic, they can faintly hear me. But that isn't very practical...

It is also worth noting that my voice search and speech-to-text features work perfectly fine. It is only when I'm in a normal call.

I saw in other sections a bunch of people who had this same issue, especially on LG phones, and that they solved it by disabling OK Google. I have tried this, to no avail.

My Galaxy S5 is on Verizon , if it makes any difference to the troubleshooting. I am still within my 1 year replacement timeframe (until September), so worst case scenario I can get a new device. But I'd rather not go through setting up a new phone if I really don't have to.

Should be noted that nothing has been physically damaged that I can tell. Not dropped, no moisture, etc. It simply happened after I upgraded from KitKat to Lollipop.

Any ideas?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

For some reason or another, since the update, when I make or receive phone calls, no one can hear me on the other end unless I am on speakerphone. If I switch it to speaker, they can hear me. Or, if I scream into the mic, they can faintly hear me. But that isn't very practical...

It is also worth noting that my voice search and speech-to-text features work perfectly fine. It is only when I'm in a normal call.

I saw in other sections a bunch of people who had this same issue, especially on LG phones, and that they solved it by disabling OK Google. I have tried this, to no avail.

My Galaxy S5 is on Verizon , if it makes any difference to the troubleshooting. I am still within my 1 year replacement timeframe (until September), so worst case scenario I can get a new device. But I'd rather not go through setting up a new phone if I really don't have to.

Should be noted that nothing has been physically damaged that I can tell. Not dropped, no moisture, etc. It simply happened after I upgraded from KitKat to Lollipop.

Any ideas?

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried doing a factory reset of your phone? I know there have been a lot of issues with the update on a lot of phones. Most of the time a factory reset fixes most issues. Make sure to back up all your stuff before you do the reset.

provisr

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Any ideas?

Good morning,

I'm wondering if you've fixed this issue? I've been dealing with this exact same issue since April. Here's the awesome past, Verizon stores, tech support and even Samsung have been zero help. I've been through FOUR S5 phones since April with every single one of them ending up with this exact issue. It doesn't happen right away but once the problem starts, it won't stop. It's not always right after Lollipop either. It may start weeks or months later. Symptoms are word for word exactly what you're experiencing.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana